Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tritoon Advice, I'm looking at a 306 JC

Sandbar Mike
    A lot of friends are telling me that a 30' tritoon is too big. I have always thought bigger is better, especially being able to put a few ski's on the front.
    Does anyone have experience with the 30fters rather than the 25fter?

phebus
    I've got the 266, and it seems huge. The only time it seems cumbersome though is if you have to turn it in a small area. I compare it to dring a crew cab long bed truck.
    No experience with the 30, and I assume it would just be a little more work in tight areas.

wildbillg
    The 30 IS HUGE!!!
    Just from the few that I have sold, they are about the same ride as the 266 but if you are thinking about putting skis on the front with a smaller cage then the 30 is the right one. Remember they do not make the 30 with the small cage unless you order it, there are a few out there used.
    We have done a few of them with the davit so you can lift them right out of the water and put them on the deck, don't forget if your looking at a used one to think about the placement of the axles when you are adding the weight of the skis to the front...

Havasu Luvr
    I have always told you that a man's boat is just an extension of his penis, I think a 30'er is to small for you:sqeyes: See ya in a few weeks...

Sandbar Mike
    I have always told you that a man's boat is just an extension of his penis, I think a 30'er is to small for you:sqeyes: See ya in a few weeks...
    I knew I'd here from you on this one!

2Driver
    We've had a couple 22 JC's. The 30's always looked like salvage recovery vessels they were so big. I think we could stick a landing with the Cessna on a 30'
    I'd look over the 26 and it’s configuration options real close to be sure it wouldn't work before moving to a 30'. As you probably know, all JC’s have a very high weight limit. I think you would resell a 26 a lot easier as well. But if you need the space, well then

Outnumbered
    Keep in mind that if you come into some big rollers with two skis on the front you will be doing some submarine action

Sandbar Mike
    Keep in mind that if you come into some big rollers with two skis on the front you will be doing some submarine action
    That would be a bitch! I'm thinking 2 stand up ski'd, but that still 4 to 500 lbs.

2Driver
    That would be a bitch! I'm thinking 2 stand up ski'd, but that still 4 to 500 lbs.
    No way, we had our stand ups on the front of the 22'. Even went to Powell that way with 4 people a big dog extra fuel and enough stuff or 7 days. You can even get one through the front double gate and back towards center if you are concerned. Thats what we did. It's not like they are on and off alot.
    To load them you can put a roller on the side ( looks like a big rolling pin) and just muscle them up onto the deck. I made some rails out of PVC so they didnt touch the carpet.
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...1&d=1187988150

kap
    Experience---11 days recently with my father-in-laws.
    30 Foot Bennington with a 350 Mag MPI and Bravo 3 drive.
    It is the bomb their is never enough room on a tritoon--- coolers, people, and babies. Your stand up can fit one on the front and one in the back on the swim platform---better balance on the boat.
    It sits on a triple axle trailer and you better have a diesel or big block to pull it with--- that is a lot of weight. As for the stand up on the back I would put it in the bed of the truck and check your tongue weight and see if your ok.
    I am not a big fan of towing vessels with mods something always goes wrong ie... swaying etc...
    A 30 footer is great especially with double bimini it can double as home base at Mead, Powell or anywhere. If you have a family get the 30ft if not get a 25ft---if you get the 25 you'll still wish you had the 30.
    Never heard of someone coming into to a dealer and saying---Gee! I wish I'd gotten the smaller boat/engine [take your pick].
    Something to think about.
    KAP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast