Thread: Kids starting school soon

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Hey all.. The little ones ( well not little, they are teenagers) are starting school soon and I wanted to know if any of you had your kids in Private school, then sent them to Middle school or High school in a public school. If so how did the kids adjust to it.???? I am a little scared for them. They are going to a much bigger school, more kids, and a total different enviroment.
    Is there anything I can do to help them adjust a little easier?

Ziggy
    one of my daughters friends is dealing with that starting next wednesday. She seems to be fine with it. I think the harshest part will be some of the rudeness that comes along with public school kids at this age.....but in reality its still life lessons as I see it. Our world(society) is far from fair and easy.
    Don't worry Char, they will have their ups/downs but will get through it just fine. That what doesn't kill them will only make them stronger.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    one of my daughters friends is dealing with that starting next wednesday. She seems to be fine with it. I think the harshest part will be some of the rudeness that comes along with public school kids at this age.....but in reality its still life lessons as I see it. Our world(society) is far from fair and easy.
    Don't worry Char, they will have their ups/downs but will get through it just fine. That what doesn't kill them will only make them stronger.
    Thanks Zig.. I am scared for them.. I think they are fine with it..
    We just thought it would be best for them to see how the real world( how some put it) is and can be..

BADBLOWN572
    Char, I did the whole private/public/private school transition. The first couple of weeks will be rough if they don't have friends going there. If they have friends going, it should be much easier. I went from a private school until 5th grade then went public from 5-8th. We also moved out of the area so I lost all of my friends. It was like starting over from scratch in a new school with no friends. It transitioned pretty quick and I made new friends. Did it again for High School. Went private after public. Was able to make it up quickly.
    Going from private to public the work load really fell off which made me ahead of everyone else. It was kind of nice. School seemed so much easier to me and didn't stress about things.
    One thing that really helped when I went into High School, not knowing anyone, was playing football. We started 3 weeks prior to school starting. That way by the time that school was starting, I already had a bunch of friends. Maybe put them in some outside activities where all of the kids go. Let them make friends that way versus just throw them into the situation.
    Just a thought.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Char, I did the whole private/public/private school transition. The first couple of weeks will be rough if they don't have friends going there. If they have friends going, it should be much easier. I went from a private school until 5th grade then went public from 5-8th. We also moved out of the area so I lost all of my friends. It was like starting over from scratch in a new school with no friends. It transitioned pretty quick and I made new friends. Did it again for High School. Went private after public. Was able to make it up quickly.
    Going from private to public the work load really fell off which made me ahead of everyone else. It was kind of nice. School seemed so much easier to me and didn't stress about things.
    One thing that really helped when I went into High School, not knowing anyone, was playing football. We started 3 weeks prior to school starting. That way by the time that school was starting, I already had a bunch of friends. Maybe put them in some outside activities where all of the kids go. Let them make friends that way versus just throw them into the situation.
    Just a thought.
    Cool Danny.. I know we have talked about this before..
    I think Taylor is actually going to play football.. He wants to anyway..

a catered life
    Hey all.. The little ones ( well not little, they are teenagers) are starting school soon and I wanted to know if any of you had your kids in Private school, then sent them to Middle school or High school in a public school. If so how did the kids adjust to it.???? I am a little scared for them. They are going to a much bigger school, more kids, and a total different enviroment.
    one thing i have learned is that kids adjust very easy when other kids are around.....while high school is the stepping stone to the realities of life its a step everyone must go thru.....public school kids are no different than private school kids...the only difference is in private school there are far less kids and more eyes to watch the kids, so public school kids tend to get into a little more crap....
    keep a open line of communication with your child and let him/her explore the world they have been apart from

MRS FLYIN VEE
    one thing i have learned is that kids adjust very easy when other kids are around.....while high school is the stepping stone to the realities of life its a step everyone must go thru.....public school kids are no different than private school kids...the only difference is in private school there are far less kids and more eyes to watch the kids, so public school kids tend to get into a little more crap....
    keep a open line of communication with your child and let him/her explore the world they have been apart from
    Great advise.. Thank you..

lucky
    Just to make sure they are safe , I would send them to school with Topless ...... lmao