Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my son asked to play football

a catered life
    hot dam after 2 years of waiting for him to commit to any sport he told me about 2 weeks ago he wanted to play football..... i immediately went to big 5 and broke out the amex card and dam near purchased the whole dam store.......yester i got a real rush and i wa so proud of him. he had his first scrimmage and made his first open field tackle playing the free safety position...the other team running back had broke thru the line and blair(my son) was the only player left to stop him :sqeyes: :jawdrop: the other team parents were screamng and yelling (go,go,go) and my son cross-hit and stopped him cold ...the sound of the pads and bodies clashing was so loud the parents jump from their seats and one mother yelled NO...the entire field was quite. and when the dust cleared my boy had stopped a score. go blair

OGShocker
    Nice!!! Good luck to you guys!

pixilatedpussy
    hot dam after 2 years of waiting for him to commit to any sport he told me about 2 weeks ago he wanted to play football..... i immediately went to big 5 and broke out the amex card and dam near purchased the whole dam store.......yester i got a real rush and i wa so proud of him. he had his first scrimmage and made his first open field tackle playing the free safety position...the other team running back had broke thru the line and blair(my son) was the only player left to stop him :sqeyes: :jawdrop: the other team parents were screamng and yelling (go,go,go) and my son cross-hit and stopped him cold ...the sound of the pads and bodies clashing was so loud the parents jump from their seats and one mother yelled NO...the entire field was quite. and when the dust cleared my boy had stopped a score. go blair
    SWEET! That is awesome!

soulboater#1
    Football is great for the kids-my son plays and also had a scrimmage last night. I did too buy all of Chick's sporting goods as well. But the $$ is all worth it when you hear the crack of those pads and the excitment of the parents. GO MIDGET BRUINS!!!(Temecula)

USCFAN
    Sweet, I can't wait until my boys are old enough to play.

Baja Big Dog
    Does your son like dogs????
    Yea...pads on pads...music to my ears

cxr133
    GOTTA LOVE...
    pop warner football.
    my son played since he was like 6 years old. they won 2 championships and he had a defensive touchdown to win one of the championships. I framed his jersey with the article from the newspaper and the team picture. it is now hanging at my wifes job, but it will be his when he graduates college.
    life is alot simpler now that he i a Junior and playing varsity, dont have to truck him back and forth to practice everyday and games are on FRI night, not sat. anymore

Captain Dan
    My son's team made it to the Super Bowl at Disney World. Lost there, but did make it to the final round - Murrieta Valley Pop Warner - Thunderhawks, 2001 team.
    Good times.

mrs.rvrluvr
    That is awesome!! My oldest son is a big boy, almost as tall as me and he's only 9. I can't wait for the day he says he wants to play football. I absolutely LOVE the sport and I hope he'll want to play.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
    That is so SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boys are baseball players but my oldest took one year of flag when he was young ....din't like it......the coach sucked and it threw christian of the whole football thing.......so it has been baseball for almost 6yrs.........
    although my littlest one is 8 and in baseball for almost 4yrs now......wanted to start football this year.........but i think he is too small.........I'm a worrie wart when it comes to him cause he is so skinny.......
    But back to you and ur son....that is awsome!!!!!!! I'm glad he has such a proud daddy to get out there be proud and push him!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast