Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Schiada 22 Day Cruiser Complete Custom Build (200+ Pictures)

Racey
    Ok i finally got around to uploading ALL the pictures and building the pages for our 2005 Schiada 22 build. We hand fabbed the entire boat, almost every single piece was made in house, my favorite is the 100% stainless transom that we made, all the trim bar bosses are cut from 316 SS, easiest boat to clean ever made, just hit it all with acid and it's squeeky clean.
    Boat Features:
    572cu in Brummett EFI Motor 650+hp
    Casale Billet V-Drive
    Custom one-off steering collumn and dash
    Stainless fittings/teflon hose througout
    One-off stainless transom hardware
    Hand Made 17-4 Stainless Rudder 100% Weld penetration (Heat Treated)
    Go check em out at
    http://www.raceyindustries.com/Proje...hiada_22DC.php

revndave
    Nice boat.Great job

mondorally
    "Wow" pretty much sums it up. That dash is trick!
    http://raceyindustries.com/Projects/...5_22dc_112.jpg
    Question on the wires - are these in sheaths or is it all the same "color"? Either way - trick!
    http://raceyindustries.com/Projects/...5_22dc_181.jpg
    How does she run?
    -Justin

Racey
    Question on the wires - are these in sheaths or is it all the same "color"? Either way - trick!
    How does she run?
    -Justin
    The wire is all Mil Spec/aerospace M5086/2 Fiberglass braided, it's pretty much the best/strongest/most resistant to heat wire you can get.

djunkie
    Thats thing is sexy!!!!!!!

flat broke
    That is freaking awesome. Nice inspiration to get back to work on my bucket. What tranny is that backed up against the BBC? Velvetdrive? Not knowing anyting about Vdrives, what are the advantages to go this way over a TH400 in that application? Im' guessing space and weight for to start, but any driveability advantages?
    Any numbers out of the setup? I'm guessing that the 650hp is a conservative estimate on the HP, but it'd still be cool to see what a big sled like that runs when it's setup right.
    Again, bitchen piece and outstanding work.
    I almost forgot to ask, do you run a pump on the hydraulic steering setup, or just the volume of the helm pushing against the rams? I couldn't tell in the pic, but what helm is that, and what make/model/stroke rams?
    Chris

Racey
    That is freaking awesome. Nice inspiration to get back to work on my bucket. What tranny is that backed up against the BBC? Velvetdrive? Not knowing anyting about Vdrives, what are the advantages to go this way over a TH400 in that application? Im' guessing space and weight for to start, but any driveability advantages?
    Any numbers out of the setup? I'm guessing that the 650hp is a conservative estimate on the HP, but it'd still be cool to see what a big sled like that runs when it's setup right.
    Again, bitchen piece and outstanding work.
    I almost forgot to ask, do you run a pump on the hydraulic steering setup, or just the volume of the helm pushing against the rams? I couldn't tell in the pic, but what helm is that, and what make/model/stroke rams?
    Chris
    Yes it's a velvet drive, they have a cast iron housing so it's not really much of a weight savings, the benefit of them is that they have a 1:1 reverse, so you don't have to rev the shit out of the motor to back the boat up. If you have enough power to pull your gears and prop then the 1:1 forward comes out of the hole fine.
    We run a KRC powersteering pump with the steering setup, in all honesty the hydraulic steering really doesnt give you much of a benefit, but with teleflex's purchase of Morse you can't get the nice Command II dual cable steering anymore, only a line of Teleflex's pure garbage. so it was really the only thing that could replicate how well that Morse cable steering works.
    Char-Lynn Helm with Imco rams

bocco
    Couldn't tell from the pics. Is there a gas pedal? Or hand throttle?

Racey
    Just a hand throttle, the boat was built for play skiing up at lake arrowhead, a foot throttle is definitely nicer when you are running hard, but this boat runs ~35mph 95% of the time. The hand throttles are nice for a cruiser

Racey
    Very nice job guys !!! Question ? why did you not use a Turbo 400 Tranny ??
    Scott
    no 1:1 Reverse on a 400, it's alot nicer backing up in the docks when you don't have to rev the hell out of the motor to go anywhere, The engine has more than enough power to pull the gears with 1:1 out of the hole pulling a skier so putting a t400 would have actually been a downside for this application. It would be nice if you could get a 2 speed with a higher reverse gear ratio for the turbo boats, that SR-22 we built has one of those shorty gentry torque flights in it, and it works great coming out of the water, but backing up is rev city.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast