Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins are fast but could this be true??

TOBTEK
    kab:
    What did you say your top speed would be? The way you want your motor set-up will have a huge effect on top speed, unless you buy that new jack plate. Still the top speed with all your stereo stuff and 6 batteries, coolers, anchor, ropes, skis, bimini top up, full tanks right around 60 maybe 65. What did Buzz say he thought your top speed was?? 100 mph? He quoted me less than that for the twin but I had to prove(???) that it went less than 100.60-65 EZ TWIN BOY! I was stright up with them, told them I was setting it with a holeshot/ski prop and would only do about mid 80's maybe high 80's. I would rather be safe and have plenty of ins. also no lay-up winter period, will use local. They said the problem is that with a prop swap it will do higher speeds! So who else besides P.M.A???? what did you have to prove...private email me!!!!!they are watching

CMABadseed
    kab, i worked there straight for 3 years and work there during the summers now. I do remember seeing lots of people from these HB boards, but i didn't formally meet many. I rigged a lot of side panels, yards of carpet, stereos, molding, that stuff. but never really got a chance to rig "my own boat". maybe this summer! (crossed fingers)

TOBTEK
    CMABadseed:
    kab, i worked there straight for 3 years and work there during the summers now. I do remember seeing lots of people from these HB boards, but i didn't formally meet many. I rigged a lot of side panels, yards of carpet, stereos, molding, that stuff. but never really got a chance to rig "my own boat". maybe this summer! (crossed fingers)CMA....since you worked there for sometime id like to ask you a stereo question. On a MACH22's side panels I am putting a focal three way system in the front and back. They have a 6.5 midbase, 4.75 midbase and a tweeter in each corner. my question is, how much room do I have behind the panels for the 6.5 and 4.75 speaker boxes? I asked THEM about it and they looked at me like I was form mars. most base speakers NEED boxes to perform correctly.....these do! The plan is to make these small boxes and have them install them when they are rigging the new boat. What other cool custom thing have you seen people do when building there new boats? Im sure you saw some interesting things. I would like some more storage room for nick nacks up by the drivers area, saw the twin 200 in his showroom had some floorstorage that was ccol. Im also having them make the rear sundeck/storage area a bit smaller, to give more room inside the seating area...thanks for any help you may give....

CMABadseed
    that's a lot of speaker in that little side panel. you'll probably be okay, you might be able to have them install speaker boxes similar to how the cupholders are installed. as far as wild goes...kab's boat is one hell of a system. there are a couple others with xtra 6x9's bolted under the hatch, those are cool for the sandbar, or channel. sokem of the 28's have huge systems too. i remeber one with 4 10's in the pedestal and 6x9's in the panels, tweeters by the front grab handles 10's in front of each front seat, wtc...those things are just crazy though! talk to Kevin...he's did most of kabs.
    late

kab
    I've got to admit the system sounds pretty good for only four 6 1/2's and 2 tens, but plenty of power.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123