Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vick-less NFL!!!

Racey
    Take that NAACP!

thatguy
    The NFL also gave the Falcons express permission to take any action within the rules or whatever to recoup the 22 million in bonuses.
    It is worth noting that the NFL did this strictly on news reports since the "official" judgement on his plea will not be anounced until monday.
    Guess thsy just had enough. Finally.
    Tommy

Jbb
    Michael am a viktum....

ratso
    The National NAACP President actually came out in strong condemnation of Vick. The other guy was from the local Atlanta chapter.
    ...but they don't think he should be banned from football permanently... Do his time, and they think he should be able to come back next year... after all, they are comparing this to Imus...

thatguy
    The plea agreement and summary of facts is already available. They got him for his admitted bankrolling the gambling.
    Understood. But I read earlier today on MSN that it is not "official" until monday.
    I thought it was great that the NFL acted so quickly, I would have expected them to wait for it to be official. It is a good sign, I think. Maybe these kind of thugs will actually think twice about their careers and whatnot before going in strp joints with guns and stuff like that.
    I believe that the quick response sends sort of a new message.
    Tommy

photo chick
    Watch out Hooli he'll be heading up to your neck of the woods when he gets out!! :jawdrop:
    Think the Canadian league will make a statement to keep him away? :idea:

burbanite
    Watch out Hooli he'll be heading up to your neck of the woods when he gets out!! :jawdrop:
    Think the Canadian league will make a statement to keep him away? :idea:
    My thoughts exactly. There is always someone out there willing to prostitute themselves when the stakes are high...

Tom Brown
    I'll bet he'll head to Europe.
    I'll bet the Spaniards would have no problem with dog fighting.

Flyinbowtie
    Well he certainly wound up pleading to more than just one charge, didn't he?
    As I suspected, he is gonna plead the sheet after getting a deal that gets the prosecutor to support a minimal jail sentence. Doing so is nothing but damage control. It keeps lots of the evidence out of the publc domain, the cops who conducted the investigation won't be on the stand testifiying to their findings, thereby creating court transcripts for all the media folks to print word-for-word.
    And the Commish won't be reading them, and won't be comparing the line-o-shiznit Vick told him as he was professing his innnocence. Suspension is just the first step.
    His attorney is obviously smarter than he is.
    I still believe what I said in the other thread, it is unlikely he is gonna ever take a snap in the NFL again. The league and the team owners are going to look at this when he gets out of the bucket, and do the math, which won't add up. He won't represent a good investment, hence, he won't be there.
    The known negatives will outweigh the potential return on investments.
    The NFL knows damn well that every "player" they have is watching this, they are setting precident for every single violation of player rules, and criminal cases that will come across the desk of the Commish for the next 10 years with how they handle the this guy.
    I don't think we have even 50% of the info that is going to come out on this, and none of it is going to help him.
    He still might get an all expenses paid trip to Virginia, too. I didn't hear them say they're finished looking into him yet, either.

INSman
    you just can't fix STUPID ......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast