Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrera 257 Depth Sounder Location

SteveB
    Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to locate a thru hull depth sounder on a two step cat hull. Mine is a Carrera 257 Effect. Thanks.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I would think the best person to ask would be BadBlown572, Danny, as he worked as a rigger for Carerra.....

phebus
    I had mine mounted about mid engine in mine and it only worked up to about 35mph. I think it was getting aeration from the step where it was.

SteveB
    My mounting is temporary. I have not been able to use it once I'm on plane. It reads very erratically when moving.
    Steve

BoatFloating
    My mounting is temporary. I have not been able to use it once I'm on plane. It reads very erratically when moving.
    Steve
    I had the Smart Craft one that was mounted through hull (so hole drilled through bottom) and this was mounted in mid engine on my 257 Deck. That one worked good at speed but most at speed aren't going to be accurate. Going fast and you get shallow it's more than likely too late.

Jordy
    That one worked good at speed but most at speed aren't going to be accurate.
    The problem with yours wasn't speed, it was the fact that you needed an altimeter, not a depth finder. Who says x-dimension isn't important?

BoatFloating
    The problem with yours wasn't speed, it was the fact that you needed an altimeter, not a depth finder. Who says x-dimension isn't important.
    Lucky the depth gauge was in my old deck boat...... After Lakeland's great setup and rig job I needed to enter the Low Rider hydraulics bounce competition. It's coming to a head Oct 11th. I have a date in Lake Havasu Oct 11th.:idea:

CornWater
    Lucky the depth gauge was in my old deck boat...... After Lakeland's great setup and rig job I needed to enter the Low Rider hydraulics bounce competition. It's coming to a head Oct 11th. I have a date in Lake Havasu Oct 11th.:idea:
    Better have your ass back by the 14th........

BoatFloating
    Better have your ass back by the 14th........
    Why what's so important about that day? And what does it have to do with me.:idea:

CornWater
    Why what's so important about that day? And what does it have to do with me.:idea:
    I'm planning my funeral...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast