Thread: Looking for a Painter

BILLET
    I've been calling around to some local paint shops to see about getting my boat painted and you would think I'm asking them to donate a kindney or something. Anyone in the So Cal area have any leads as to who to call, or if someone here would be interested in doing the job. I can pay cash or trade machining work, custom made parts and stuff like that. Thanks Billet.

smokinflatties
    Did U Try Billy B Here On The Board, He Is In Upland

wsuwrhr
    ...... getting my boat painted and you would think I'm asking them to donate a kindney or something.
    Last time I checked, craftsmen make good money, including machinists my friend. Are your rates/work up to par?
    "Cheap labor isn't good, good labor isn't cheap."
    Check out some recent threads concerning HB's own Billy-B.
    You want a legendary job done, it isn't going to be cheap.
    Brian

pebo
    Might try BA kurtis on the boards here. Seen a few and they look great.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161196

BILLET
    Last time I checked, craftsmen make good money, including machinists my friend. Are your rates/work up to par?
    "Cheap labor isn't good, good labor isn't cheap."
    Check out some recent threads concerning HB's own Billy-B.
    You want a legendary job done, it isn't going to be cheap.
    Brian
    I didnt say anything about being cheap, I was saying that everyone I talked to didnt want to have anything to do with painting a boat. It had nothing to do with the price, hek no one even wanted to look at my boat thay just said no way.
    And yes since starting this thread I have seen some of Billys work, and it is some of the best that I've seen. But I think that his talents far exceed my needs at this point and for this boat. But believe me he will be the first person I call on when I buy a boat worthy of his work.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Billy b is one of the BEST boat painters out there.......

wsuwrhr
    I didnt say anything about being cheap, I was saying that everyone I talked to didnt want to have anything to do with painting a boat. It had nothing to do with the price, hek no one even wanted to look at my boat thay just said no way.
    And yes since starting this thread I have seen some of Billys work, and it is some of the best that I've seen. But I think that his talents far exceed my needs at this point and for this boat. But believe me he will be the first person I call on when I buy a boat worthy of his work.
    Your post seemed rather slanted with talk of donating kidneys and such.....sorry about that.
    You know, Billy would paint anything you want, mild or wild.

wsuwrhr
    Billy b is one of the BEST painters out there.......
    Agreed.
    The guy is a genius

djdtpr
    Get ahold of TRG fiberglas hes on the boards as Toddnjuzz His name is Tod he is as good as you will find. his # is 626 991-9031 at least give him a call and price him out i can guarentee his work as well as a bunch of people here on the boards.
    P.S Billys pretty good too. For a v-drive guy!