Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leave your kids at home when you shop

Cigalert
    Let me start off by saying the neighbor I'm about to talk about is an excellent dad and completely adores his children. He took his 2 daughters (6 & 8 years old) to the grocery store with him this past saturday afternoon. The 6 year old was getting a little crusty and kept popping off. Then she started with the whinning. She was getting warned by daddy to knock it off or she was getting a spanking. Well the time came for the spanking to begin. He spun her around and spanked her on her rear. Normal parenting right? Wrong! A checker at the grocery store informed him he could not hit his daughter. Of course, he was peeved anyone interjected their thoughts onto a already annoyed father and replied to the checker in a not so friendly manor. She followed him out to the parking lot and wrote down his plates and called the popo's.
    My wife and I decided to take our little one out on a walk approx 2 hours after this guy got back from the grocery store. As soon as we left our house I notice a cop walking up to this guys door with another car pulling up behind him. They pull him outside and gave him a blow test. Cuffed him and tossed him in the back of the car. His wife took off with the 2 kids because they didn't need to see daddy getting arrested. A third car rolls up and shortly after him a woman in her mid 30's pulls up in her car. The third cop shines his spots on the suspect and they have the woman come out and indentify him. She signed a report and bolts. They gave him a second blow test and took him away.
    I still don't know what they booked him for but he got out on Tues. WTF? You can't spank your kids in public or in general? Obviously there is something more going on alcohol related but still....WTF?

Baja Big Dog
    Unreal......

Miss Perfect
    I find it so hard to believe that they would arrest him for spanking a kid on their butt. Makes me think there is more to the story, ya know?

Biglue
    I believe it's still legal to spank your kids. It has to be open handed and across the bottom. You can't use belts, sandals etc. Sounds like your neighbor handled the situation in bounds. I don't get the breathalizer test though. Was he maybe drinking at home maybe after he got back from shopping? The lady that got there to sign the report, was it the store clerk? Talk about a focked up deal.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Wtf!?!?!?!

Magic34
    If he had been home, there is no way a drinking charge would hold up.
    You can wreck you car in a tree, then sit next to the tree drinking a bottle of Vodka and when the police show up, you cant really tell what your situation was when you hit the tree.
    Something more has to be going on.

Miss Perfect
    I believe it's still legal to spank your kids. It has to be open handed and across the bottom. You can't use belts, sandals etc. Sounds like your neighbor handled the situation in bounds. I don't get the breathalizer test though. Was he maybe drinking at home maybe after he got back from shopping? The lady that got there to sign the report, was it the store clerk? Talk about a focked up deal.
    I was never really spanked as a kid, maybe once or twice and that was with a belt. But I always lived with the fear that Mom was going to kick my ass if I acted up. Kids no longer have that fear... it's no wonder that we are raising a society of hoodlums

Big Inch
    Maybe he went home mad and took it out on his wife and she or the neighbors called? Then again maybe the clerk embelished on the details of the story

MADDOG355
    What store was it? I would avoid that place like the plauge, Right after I let the manager know why I was telling everyone to avoid it.
    I would bet he had a drink at home and that will just add more problems

Havasu_Dreamin
    I'm still astonished by this story.....I got my a$$ spanked as a kid, not often, but it did happen...and I deserved it...The thought that this man can discipline his child in a non-child-abuse way and be arrested!?!?!?!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast