Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Mixture Question

kphayes
    This might have been touched on once before but I missed it.
    Is there a proper way that you can pour oil straight into the tanks and then add the gas or vise-versa. Is this a big no no? On my old boat it wasn't a big deal to mix fiver's and pour them in, but now with the new boat I have 70 gal's to deal with. I don't know how often I will really be filling up that much gas at once. I want to keep a good ratio so if I need to stick w/mixing fiver's then I will.

TOBTEK
    kphayes:
    This might have been touched on once before but I missed it.
    Is there a proper way that you can pour oil straight into the tanks and then add the gas or vise-versa. Is this a big no no? On my old boat it wasn't a big deal to mix fiver's and pour them in, but now with the new boat I have 70 gal's to deal with. I don't know how often I will really be filling up that much gas at once. I want to keep a good ratio so if I need to stick w/mixing fiver's then I will. I used to do it all the time. Just make sure you have the room for the gas that you put oil in for.
    NOT good adding oil for say 20 gallons, then it will only accept 15 gallons, just be care....no problem.

kphayes
    Did you find or could you tell if you were a little rich or lean?

HavasuBarney
    Just keep one fiver with you and mix your oil in the last five of gas you put in.

kphayes
    HavasuBarney:
    Just keep one fiver with you and mix your oil in the last five of gas you put in. So you're saying that fiver is super rich?

TOBTEK
    kphayes:
    Did you find or could you tell if you were a little rich or lean? plugs always looked good, didnt smoke at all (syneryn oil) didnt over heat....dont know what else to check...I was mixing at 40 to 1(ish)

TOBTEK
    kphayes:
    HavasuBarney:
    Just keep one fiver with you and mix your oil in the last five of gas you put in. So you're saying that fiver is super rich? keep a extra 5'er so you dont over fill the oil.....I think he is saying.

kphayes
    TOBTEK:
    kphayes:
    Did you find or could you tell if you were a little rich or lean? plugs always looked good, didnt smoke at all (syneryn oil) didnt over heat....dont know what else to check...I was mixing at 40 to 1(ish) Is "syneryn" better than Merc's oil? You don't get any smoke?

kab
    The best oil for your 2.5's is Redline. Its awesome, hardly smokes at all. I run it in my DCB mach 22 twin.

Skaterfast
    All due respect.The Red Line oil is not the best oil for the Mercs.The best oil for the Mercs is the Merc High Performance Blend.No questions.Believe me when I say there has been many more Mercs blown up because they don't run the recomended oil.This is why the waranty is void if they find onother type of oil in you system.I'm sure Red Line makes a great product,I ran it in all my CR 250's,but the rebuild on that is only 300 bucks.I wouldn't be caught dead running anything else but Merc oil.My .02

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast