Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Mixture Question

HavasuBarney
    kphayes:
    HavasuBarney:
    Just keep one fiver with you and mix your oil in the last five of gas you put in. So you're saying that fiver is super rich? You just want to get the oil mixed with some gas, then when that's added to your tank it will mix easier than just dumping the oil into the tank.

Skaterfast
    I ran out of gas one time and when I went to fill up I put oil in first.The motor wouldn't fire because the gas line was full of oil.

kphayes
    I am running Mercs Hi-perf. blend now but it smokes like a mother. I guess I can live with the smoke over rebuilding motors.

kab
    I'm telling you redline is the best oil period. I've run merc hi perf, its good but not the same as redline. Even Joe at DCB recommends redline of merc. And Joe knows his stuff.

TOBTEK
    kab:
    I'm telling you redline is the best oil period. I've run merc hi perf, its good but not the same as redline. Even Joe at DCB recommends redline of merc. And Joe knows his stuff. argue .... easy francis...hehehe. I kept an eye open for April at the show yesterday. I was figuring you would be the old guy with her, never saw her. although that One frozen marg kicked my butt

kab
    Never made it. I guess you already figured that out. I really wanted to go but just never found the time. Toby- check your e-mail, I'm looking for a quad need a hook-up. Oh yeah well my dad says redline is better than merc

HavasuDreamin'
    The argument over which oil is best is an old one that never gets resolved. All I will say, is use a top flight synthetic lube and mix it 32:1. Personally, I use Klotz, but I won't push it on you because I think the Merc stuff is good too.
    A 32:1 ratio is equal to four ounces per gallon. Five gallons is 20 ounces of oil. I use a measuring cup when I fuel up and pour the oil and gas into the tank at the same time. Yes, it is a little more of a pain in the ass, but it works form me. Good Luck

HavasuBarney
    kphayes:
    I am running Mercs Hi-perf. blend now but it smokes like a mother. I guess I can live with the smoke over rebuilding motors. You can run your Merc Hi-Pro Oil, just run AV gas and you'll run smoke free!

Zuumer
    Barney is totally right. Run Merc oil and avgas and U won't have a problem. My $.02 after 10 years at Lakeland Marine working with Lew.

sam pioske
    HavasuBarney:
    kphayes:
    I am running Mercs Hi-perf. blend now but it smokes like a mother. I guess I can live with the smoke over rebuilding motors. You can run your Merc Hi-Pro Oil, just run AV gas and you'll run smoke free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast