Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your worst airline experience ..... mine is right now!

TheCarDudes
    So far, I'm officially off to my worst experience ever, and I haven't even taken off from my departing city.
    Our family is going to Chicago this weekend for my sister's surprise birthday party Saturday night. I have a baseball commitment tonight at 6pm so my boys and I are flying the red eye. More on that later.......
    Wifey and 3 yr old daughter Aleksa (avatar) take off one the 3pm flight arriving Chicago 9:30 pm Chicago time. Fr$@#king American Airlines loses their luggage which has all the important clothes for the weekend. This is the first time my wife decides not to carry on at least one day's worth of clean clothes in case they lose the luggage. You guessed it......Murphy's Law bites us in the arse. Now they are in Chicago with nothing but the clothes they flew in with and AA baggage services still "no idea" where our bags are.
    Fast forward. We are sitting in the airport at just a little after 10 pm and I get a phone call from American Airlines. I say, "you found our bags?" They say "No, we are calling you to tell you that you 11:55pm departures is now delayed to a 1:40am departure. Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!
    If that guy ws standing in fron of me, I would've .......... you know how that goes. I answered you're f%&#king kidding me right? He said no.
    So now, we are sitting in this bar across from our gate #43, and I order a glass of red wine. I figure this will help me sleep better on the plane. My boys order nothing. They drop the damn check on me for $9.50 for a cheap glass of merlot that tastes like it came out of a $3.99 bottle from VONS. Is this a bad sign or what.

C-2
    Took my brother 12 hours to get to Chicago today. I asked him how the drive was
    Hang in there.

MudPumper
    When flying on any airline you should plan for the worst and expect for it to happen. You could be riding a bus or driving a car across country so a little delay is no big deal. Shit happens beyond peoples control. What are you gonna do? Good luck with the rest of your trip.

Outnumbered
    At least you can post on Hot Boat...it's not all bad

Mattman
    Hope it gets better for you. As for me, the family I take care of flies everywhere either first class or on a Falcon that seats 12 with 2 pilots and 2 staff. Not so bad and no delays or security check on the Falcon.

TheCarDudes
    At least you can post on Hot Boat...it's not all bad
    Yeah, good thing I decided to bring the laptop. Of course I'm sure T-Mobile willhit me up at least $20 for this little wifi system they got going on here. Oh well, you're right. It could be worse. No ***boat and pure boredom. (sp)

Garrddogg
    You could be in the plane sitting powered down on the runway!2 hrs! thats what I did in Millwaukee two weeks ago..

Outnumbered
    Hope it gets better for you. As for me, the family I take care of flies everywhere either first class or on a Falcon that seats 12 with 2 pilots and 2 staff. Not so bad and no delays or security check on the Falcon.
    Baller

Mattman
    No baller here. I'm just the help.

thatguy
    I've never been to an airport that didn't have free wifi.
    2 words : "Air Card"
    Car dude, That ain't a bad trip. That is the norm these days. I logged almost 80,000 air miles last year. I would take that delay any day compared to some stories I have.
    You have to realize that by the time red eye flights come around the delays have been stacking all day, usually.
    Have fun in Chi-town!! I know I alway have!
    Tommy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast