So far, I'm officially off to my worst experience ever, and I haven't even taken off from my departing city.
Our family is going to Chicago this weekend for my sister's surprise birthday party Saturday night. I have a baseball commitment tonight at 6pm so my boys and I are flying the red eye. More on that later.......
Wifey and 3 yr old daughter Aleksa (avatar) take off one the 3pm flight arriving Chicago 9:30 pm Chicago time. Fr$@#king American Airlines loses their luggage which has all the important clothes for the weekend. This is the first time my wife decides not to carry on at least one day's worth of clean clothes in case they lose the luggage. You guessed it......Murphy's Law bites us in the arse. Now they are in Chicago with nothing but the clothes they flew in with and AA baggage services still "no idea" where our bags are.
Fast forward. We are sitting in the airport at just a little after 10 pm and I get a phone call from American Airlines. I say, "you found our bags?" They say "No, we are calling you to tell you that you 11:55pm departures is now delayed to a 1:40am departure. Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!
If that guy ws standing in fron of me, I would've .......... you know how that goes. I answered you're f%&#king kidding me right? He said no.
So now, we are sitting in this bar across from our gate #43, and I order a glass of red wine. I figure this will help me sleep better on the plane. My boys order nothing. They drop the damn check on me for $9.50 for a cheap glass of merlot that tastes like it came out of a $3.99 bottle from VONS. Is this a bad sign or what.