Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your worst airline experience ..... mine is right now!

photo chick
    2 words : "Air Card"
    Car dude, That ain't a bad trip. That is the norm these days. I logged almost 80,000 air miles last year. I would take that delay any day compared to some stories I have.
    You have to realize that by the time red eye flights come around the delays have been stacking all day, usually.
    Tommy
    My thoughts exactly, I'm at 78k miles YTD and I'm usually very lucky but if that's your worst experience be thrilled!!! I always fly American and they have never lost my baggage (I'm knocking on wood right now) but those things happen!
    We were on a trip to Europe once when I was in high school and they lost my mom's baggage, only hers. They didn't find it until we got home 3 weeks later....:jawdrop: Try to buy all new stuff in Europe....Expensive!!!
    Oh and most airports have free wi-fi!!
    Plus Chicago is the best place to shop for clothes.....look on the bright side!!

topless
    My kids have a story for you.

Kyote
    I've never been to an airport that didn't have free wifi.
    Well I guess that you have never been to LAX or any of the other 13 Major Airports. If you've never flown then it's a true statement. Otherwise it is BS.
    What's with you guys that post stuff like this. If your a frequent flyer you can usually get complementary WiFi at the club or in an 'Elite' area.
    Most folks pay for WiFi. The following was taken from the LAX website:
    Price - Consumers can access the Internet with a credit card or cash. The charge is 25 cents per minute with a three dollar minimum.
    Today, Neptune is the market leader for high-speed airport Internet services with over 200 stations installed across 13 major U.S. airports.

TheCarDudes
    Ahhh......finally here. I guess I have been lucky all these years. At 40 yrs old and having traveled to Europe, South America, Mexico, Hawaii and countless times domestic, I have never had any more than a 1/2 hour delay and never any lost baggage. Some people have all the luck I guess.
    All in all, it wasn't that bad. I got one of our bags off of my flight and the other one is supposed to be here by 1pm.
    The idiot at Enterprise tried to stir things up with an arguement about "which class car" I had reserved. He was so pissed by the time I left, he would not look me in the eye. I just kept my cool and kept referring back to the classification system they used to identify their cars. In the end, I drove off with my Trailblazer I reserved instead of the Ford Edge he tried to stick me in. You gotta love that term "or similar" they throw down on you.

TheCarDudes
    T-Mobile is the main service provider at LAX. I have an account so whenever I am at any major airport, I can just log in to T-Mobile.

TheCarDudes
    Charging for wifi sucks. Nobody should pay for wifi.
    I agree. 100%.

photo chick
    OK, I've never taken my computer to LAX. I've recently been to Ontario, Portland, Eugene, Sacramento and San Jose. I was able to obtain free wifi at all of them.
    DFW, ORD, ATL and PHX are all pretty major and it's free at all of them also!!!

Kyote
    Charging for wifi sucks. Nobody should pay for wifi.
    I agree. Most small hotels have free WiFi as well as many small airports, Starbucks, etc.
    I frequent LAX regularly as most of my flights are International. I do not agree with them charging, I was only stating the facts man - just the facts!

thatguy
    Glad you made it!
    Cingular Edge air card. $59.00 a month on my cell phone bill. Unlimited data access. Works anywhere my cell phone does so far. Denver airport's Wifi is like 35 cents a minute OR like $15.00 hour. Don't quote me on that, can't remember exactly, but it is a bundle and you are sharing it with all the other people.
    I get reimbursed for my air card through work, however, $10.00 a day. So it actually makes me money!
    Tommy

Tom Brown
    I'm glad you made it OK, TCD.
    I've never had a bad flight, although there was this one time....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast