Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Seen So Many Drunks on the Water,,,

Flyinbowtie
    Operating from the perspective that what TPC saw and reported is an accurate description of what happened, I think his conclusion that these operators were inder the influence is plausible.
    It is much easier to beleive that people doing stupid things, like driving like idiots, etc, are doing so because they are under the influence, not because they are simply stupid, self-centered and self-indulgent jerks.
    Sadly, the truth is that many times, they are all of the above, and under the influence.
    I agree that he should have called the cops. He now agrees that he should have called the cops. I understand why he didn't, but I bet it doesn't happen again.
    Chasing down people behaving like this while one's family is in the boat/ water isn't necessarily wise. Generally, if they are doing shit like this it is a part of their character. That, at least, was my experience.

Ultracrazy
    Operating from the perspective that what TPC saw and reported is an accurate description of what happened, I think his conclusion that these operators were inder the influence is plausible.
    It is much easier to beleive that people doing stupid things, like driving like idiots, etc, are doing so because they are under the influence, not because they are simply stupid, self-centered and self-indulgent jerks.
    Sadly, the truth is that many times, they are all of the above, and under the influence.
    I agree that he should have called the cops. He now agrees that he should have called the cops. I understand why he didn't, but I bet it doesn't happen again.
    Chasing down people behaving like this while one's family is in the boat/ water isn't necessarily wise. Generally, if they are doing shit like this it is a part of their character. That, at least, was my experience.
    AHhh.......couldn't have said it better myself. Some one with some common sense.

shueman
    Here we go again with some of you dumb mother f'ers ASSUMING consumption and intoxication. Redwing, that goes for you. TPC, you didn't chase the guys down, how the hell would you know if they were or weren't? You didn't have the balls to go after them and confirm.
    Passing within 4' of people in the water, as speed, has some assumptions built in...
    1. Alcohol Impairment
    2. No Brains Attached to the Helm
    3. Blinded by Head Up A$$
    If you do not take evasive action on the water to avoid swimmers, down skiers, boats stopped or at idle, you should be aware that you are breaking the law. It's time to wake up and try to remember, "Safety First"...

THOR
    Well, that just sucks. But, we also dont need a bunch of vigilantes chasing down boats to make presumptive citizen arrests. Being and asshole doesnt mean you are drunk.

THOR
    We Lets hope people do not drink and drive. If they do they should go to jail!!!
    They should? What if they were under the legal limit? Now, before you hammer me, I just want to know what happens if you are given a breathalizer and blow a .02 or .03 or something below the legal limit. What happens?

Tom Brown
    Now, before you hammer me, I just want to know...
    THOR, you might think I haven't responded to you in the Drinking discussions thread but, as a matter of fact, I have. I'm not ignoring you. I edited the first post in the thread as a response to your post.

Ultracrazy
    They should? What if they were under the legal limit? Now, before you hammer me, I just want to know what happens if you are given a breathalizer and blow a .02 or .03 or something below the legal limit. What happens?
    You can still be cited for OUI. There are two sub sections. One deals with the limit (.08 in CA) and one deals with impairment. If you are deemed impaired.....you can be cited.

THOR
    THOR, you might think I haven't responded to you in the Drinking discussions thread but, as a matter of fact, I have. I'm not ignoring you. I edited the first post in the thread as a response to your post.
    Cool Tom. I am just curious because I have never known the answer.

THOR
    You can still be cited for OUI. There are two sub sections. One deals with the limit (.08 in CA) and one deals with impairment. If you are deemed impaired.....you can be cited.
    Now I am even more confused. I can understand the impairment issue and not being able to operate regardless of the limit. Is that what you are getting at?

Tom Brown
    If you blow over .08 BAC, you will be arrested.
    If you blow less than .08 BAC, you might still be arrested based on FSTs and the officer's observations.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast