Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Never Seen So Many Drunks on the Water,,,

Kyote
    [QUOTE=Boatcop;2755235]Sorry I didn't jump back in here sooner. I was teaching a Boating Safety Class today.
    Phone Numbers: For Parker, call 928-669-2281.
    This is Central Dispatch for La Paz County. Dispatches Medical and Police/Sheriff, and can transfer to San Bernardino County, if necessary.
    Thanks Alan. I just put that number into my cell phone and removed 928-669-4161. Must have been the administrative number.

Boatcop
    One other note on drugged driving.
    We have Certified DREs (Drug Recognition Experts/Examiners). They can look at eye pupil size, pulse rate, blood pressure, tongue and other spook stuff and tell if a person is under the influence of:
    a) Narcotics (Heroin, Oxy, Codeine, etc)
    b) Central nervous system depressants (Downers)
    c) Stimulants (Meth, speed, cocaine)
    d) Cannabis (Marijuana, hash)
    Their observations provide the requisite Probable Cause to arrest for Drugged Driving, although a blood/urine test is required for confirmation and conviction.

Boatcop
    Thanks Alan. I just put that number into my cell phone and removed 928-669-4161. Must have been the administrative number.
    Good thing.
    Our Admin # is 669-6141. But it rolls to dispatch after hours and on weekends.

OverKill
    Unfortunately, we can't catch everyone.
    But I do have some questions, Ross.
    Did you call the Sheriff's on any of these? If a drunk was driving down your street, sideswiped a tree in front of your house, smashed their car and injured themselves wouldn't you call the Police?
    If a driver was swerving and hauling ass, nearly hitting you or other cars on the freeway, wouldn't you call 911?
    It's no different on the water. As long as supposedly responsible boaters give these guys a pass, it will continue to happen.
    How would you feel if, after seeing and knowing that a drunk was clearly a danger to other boaters, you didn't do anything and later heard that they ran over and killed innocent people.
    Call us when you see something like that. That's what we're out there for.
    Allan what is the dispatch line I can call for Parker strip and Big River?? If I call 911 on my cell phone, it sometimes takes a while to get to the right person. Let me know, I and most of us here will put it in our phone memory.
    OverKill

OverKill
    DEEDEE DEE disregard. I just saw the post above me. Thanks. I'm sure I will be on the phone a lot with you this week/end.

DeathFlightMedic
    Unfortunately, we can't catch everyone.
    But I do have some questions, Ross.
    Did you call the Sheriff's on any of these? If a drunk was driving down your street, sideswiped a tree in front of your house, smashed their car and injured themselves wouldn't you call the Police?
    If a driver was swerving and hauling ass, nearly hitting you or other cars on the freeway, wouldn't you call 911?
    It's no different on the water. As long as supposedly responsible boaters give these guys a pass, it will continue to happen.
    How would you feel if, after seeing and knowing that a drunk was clearly a danger to other boaters, you didn't do anything and later heard that they ran over and killed innocent people.
    Call us when you see something like that. That's what we're out there for.
    Better to call LE than have to call me later.

pw_Tony
    One other note on drugged driving.
    We have Certified DREs (Drug Recognition Experts/Examiners). They can look at eye pupil size, pulse rate, blood pressure, tongue and other spook stuff and tell if a person is under the influence of:
    a) Narcotics (Heroin, Oxy, Codeine, etc)
    b) Central nervous system depressants (Downers)
    c) Stimulants (Meth, speed, cocaine)
    d) Cannabis (Marijuana, hash)
    Their observations provide the requisite Probable Cause to arrest for Drugged Driving, although a blood/urine test is required for confirmation and conviction.
    OK short story followed by a question. I got pulled over in Needles, and the off icer asked if I had been drinking or smoking marijuana. Of course both were a "no". He had a look around my car, but then had me lift up my tongue and he looked in the back of my mouth. What can lookin at my toungue trigger?
    ANd yes I got a ticket for no mudflaps

Wet Dream
    OK short story followed by a question. I got pulled over in Needles, and the off icer asked if I had been drinking or smoking marijuana. Of course both were a "no". He had a look around my car, but then had me lift up my tongue and he looked in the back of my mouth. What can lookin at my toungue trigger?
    ANd yes I got a ticket for no mudflaps
    He was looking for a tongue stud.

ColeTR2
    Phone Numbers: For Parker, call 928-669-2281.
    Thanks BC it's now in my Cell..

Moneypitt
    Well, that just sucks. But, we also dont need a bunch of vigilantes chasing down boats to make presumptive citizen arrests. Being and asshole doesnt mean you are drunk.
    Some people operating in an unsafe manner should be reported to LE. Follow them long enough to get the reg numbers and make the call. Who knows, they may have done the same thing to every boat they passed that day. If enough people reported them LE would do something, even if it was just a warning because LE didn't actually see it happen. Then again, maybe they were all totally drunk and when LE stopped them to issue the warning they would've been arrested for OUI......Tom, as said on the other alcohol post, I do not advocate impared operation, I just have a problem with the way the law is written/enforced..........MP