2 days ago at 74. pretty young IMO. My buddy came by last night just to shoot the breeze. He said he talked with his grandfather 5 days a week for the past 10 years. He tought him how to golf, fish, hunt and was a great life coach, completely admired by my buddy. He was pretty banged up over the whole thing because his death was semi unexpected (just had surgery this past monday). I've known my buddy for a few years and I've heard stories about "old" money, blah blah blah. He then proceeds to let me know he's getting $8.8 million but wishes there was some way of getting later because he would like to grief his grandfather's death and not deal with sorting out stipulations of the will. He knew his grandfather had some cash from investments but didn't think he was in the will at all so he was a bit surprised at both, getting something and then the grand total. He was so sad and so excited all at once. At 26, living in South OC he's been struggling to get ahead. His truck needs work, he's going to school part time and....LIVING AT HOME! His life just changed in so many ways all in 2 days. His buddy is gone but he can now get moving with his life.
What would you do?