Thread: Header Gaskets 454 w/ Basetts

gqchris
    Hey Guys,
    Just got my headers back from Embee, and need to replace the gaskets for the re-install. It had Felpro 1410's on before, but I really dont think they fit too well. Anyone know the right part # I need to find? I got some from the parts store yesterday, and I dont think they will work. They are for a manifold. Any tips will be much appreciated. Also where can I find them in the So Cal Area.
    Chris

victorfb
    ive had good luck with the full copper gaskets. they fit, and seal well and are re-useable. speed shops and some marine shops will carry them. i know Rex Marine did and probably still do.

Moneypitt
    Match the gasket to the headers,(round), not the oval exhaust port. ....MP

thatguy
    Fel-Pro #1411
    Fits bassetts perfect. Call first, not all parts stores stock them.
    Tommy

Saab
    I got mine from the local speed shop. The ones I got were made of graphite, and it was like two gaskets made of graphite stuck togethor with silicone. I know it sounds wierd but they work great. When I installed em they smashed down pretty far but I havent re-torqued em in 5 trips and still no leaks. I picked em up at "service center" in el monte, but im sure most hot rod shops would have them. Now I sit and wait for everyone to bash and say how bad these gaskets are the most horrible thing you can get and how guys have lost motors and sunk boats because of them.... ahhh I love ***boat

Slowboy
    I dont use gaskets, I use right stuff silicone, just a little does the job. Seems to hold up fine.
    Ryan

gqchris
    Thanks for all the info guys! Ill check on that Felpro 1411.

502 JET
    The Felpro 1411's work fine for me.

sleekvino
    I got mine from the local speed shop. The ones I got were made of graphite, and it was like two gaskets made of graphite stuck togethor with silicone. I know it sounds wierd but they work great. When I installed em they smashed down pretty far but I havent re-torqued em in 5 trips and still no leaks. I picked em up at "service center" in el monte, but im sure most hot rod shops would have them. Now I sit and wait for everyone to bash and say how bad these gaskets are the most horrible thing you can get and how guys have lost motors and sunk boats because of them.... ahhh I love ***boat
    i use this gasket too it has 50% crush and work great its the best header gasket ive seen or used.

smokinjoe
    No gaskets just some hi temp silicone and they work perfect. I know to some it may sound crazy but its the best way I have ever ran them. and i have used all the other type of gaskets copper too and nothing works better then just a little bit of silicone. wish I had all the money I spent on header gaskets for the boat now.