Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused on which battery to buy.

pw_Tony
    Been running a Napa orbital for about 4 years now. It has a 8 year warranty. Ive had it in and out of boats, golf carts, cars, trucks, and other stuff. And it's been good to me.
    But if it's like every other Napa part it'll probably fail soon. I think it is 800CCA and 1000CA

thatguy
    The first Optima I had was a red top about 7 years ago. Awesome battery, used that same battery in my truck to go to the lake, then would pull it, stick it in a miller 454 with no alternator. Run it all weekend then back in the truck and drive home.
    Since then? Almost every Optima I have bought has been a disappointment.
    Seem to ALWAYS be dead and nonchargeable. I don't know what the deal is.
    Yellow, Blue, Doesn't seem to matter. I keep hoping, but I am going to look elsewhere next time. Maybe it is me killing them somehow, but they just don't seem to be as good as they used to.
    Tommy

watergun4u
    I have had a yellow top for over 5 years now, and have never had a problem, when I am not using it, I just take off the power cable, and then the next time I go out I hook it up , and it always start's right up, I have yet to have to put it on a charger!!!!!!!!! Optima is a great battery!!!!

bp
    i had a red top in my boat for 7 years. last april, it finally went byebye. installed another red top.

pw_Tony
    I have had a yellow top for over 5 years now, and have never had a problem, when I am not using it, I just take off the power cable, and then the next time I go out I hook it up , and it always start's right up, I have yet to have to put it on a charger!!!!!!!!! Optima is a great battery!!!!
    I have never had a problem with Optimas, but when I read that half the people have had problems, in other wise a 50% success rate, I wouldn't trust an optima by now

Cas
    here's the link to that OPtima thread-
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ghlight=optima

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12