I too have seen some guys run Frontrunners on the rear, and they do not handle it. The other bad thing is the diameter being small really keeps the speed down. The Allstates I have are right off the Superbird LSR car, still mounted and balanced. I may just drill my 6-pin hubs to accept them or swap axles. We'll see come Sprint Car swap meet time . . . . :idea: :idea: :idea: I also need to change my ring and pinion, I am running a 4.86 and have a set of 30K gears, which if set up low gives me a 8.42 low end and a high gear of 2.80. If I go to a 4.11 I will have a high gear of 2.37. A 3.73 R&P would be much better yet . . . . :idea: With the tall tires, if you guys are out there maybe you can give me a push
For some real good reading and a VERY helpful and good LSR resource, go to Sonicwind.com. Waldo will answer anything and is a very approachable and great guy. He is one of the last of the liquid fuel rocket guys who really knows his sh_t when it comes to going over 300mph. His latest project will blow your mind. He has great ideas on LSR design and if you have anything you are unsure of as far as design and safety, ask him, I am sure he would help. Great guy and a big hot boat fan.
Scott True that about the small diameter. I had to install a very rare ring and pinion in the Firebird...I think it was a 2:31 or something like that (highest ratio they could make on the gear machine for a 12 bolt rear) knowing we were going to run the front runners on the rear. Ran a Jerico four speed with a 1:1 fourth, and an overdriven third. :idea:
I looked around the shop and all I can find for rears is M/T Bonneville's. I don't know if that's what's going on the Lakester, but they're on the MR.
I'll check out Sonicwind. Sounds interesting. Thanks for that.