Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: He called me a racist

Glamasu
    Isn't Obama only 1/2 black? If so, that would make you only 1/2 a racist and not a full one.......
    Why is it that if someone is 1/2 black and 1/2 white that they revert to black ethic rather than the white??

'75 Miller
    Why is it that if someone is 1/2 black and 1/2 white that they revert to black ethic rather than the white??
    I've often wondered the same thing. Every 1/2 white 1/2 mexican I've ever known has identified and associated with whites. Conversely just about every 1/2 black 1/2 white I've ever known has embraced the black in 'em.
    Being that I'm a Scot/Irish/Kraut I guess I'm not qualified to speculate. Whatever...I'll give all of 'em a chance to be cool or be an ass.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Not likely. At least not in my lifetime. The basis for the whole deal was over states right to govern themselves without excessive interference from the Federal government. Too late. Feds are in control of everything including the rights of individuals. Lincoln would be proud.
    Not sure what Country your living in. American's have more rights as individuals then any other people in the world.
    Blacks ethic? White ethic? THere is a difference? Did you mean ethnic?

fatboy95
    Nope, more racism is seen in the black community towards whites and Mexicans. Blacks tend to vote democrat.
    and are Raiders fans

Glamasu
    Not sure what Country your living in. American's have more rights as individuals then any other people in the world.
    Blacks ethic? White ethic? THere is a difference? Did you mean ethnic?
    Yeah ethnic...Sorry

Steve 1
    Like the actress who praises her absent black father while the WHITE mother worked two jobs to raise her! Rat Racists like “sheets Byrd” BTW was MLK a Republican or DemocRAT ??

Old Texan
    Too go out on a limb I'd wager the majority of racism in America today is from the Latino and Black communities. Too many of their societal problems are blamed on the "White Establishment". When many of the socalled community leaders continue to pursue this course of blame, it is only natural many of the citizens follow their feelings.
    The 2 Revs and others perpetuate these feeliongs mainly for personal gain. Groups such as the NAACP and LULAC also to a very large extent of their membership, continue to push race as the main issue keeping their "people" from suceeding in life.
    In reality the people need to shed these views and look realistically at the country, society, and their own communities to see where the real issues stand as far as how they are percieved by society and how many times their actions put them into the bad places they claim to be unable to escape from.
    The current Mike Vick issue is an example of how this racism thing works. Vick through his own arrogance and irresponsibility has committed both a serious crime and a moral F-up of extreme magnitude. The black community leaders such as the Rev. White of Atlanta who's position with the NAACP gives him the soapbox to speak out on this misdeed, instead blames white society for trying to bring down a young successful black man looked up to in all society. Vick is not being prosecutred because of color but because of actions.
    On the other hand you listen to Charles Barkley, Terrence Moore a sucessful black jounalist from Atlanta, and other leading black members of the the community who view the situation for what it is, a very stupid young man that "just doesn't get it" and who thought because it would be swept under the rug like all of his other transgressions, he would get a slap on the wrist and keep playing his game. Unfortunately too many listen to Rev White and not Barkley on how this whole incident is percieved.
    Racism lives because too many in the minority community won't face facts where their citizens actions are detrimental to their situations. They need to understand when society tries to intervene and point out deficiencies, that it isn't racilly motivated "keep y'all down" nonsense. They must face their real issues like the Bill Cosby's and Charles Barkleys, Lynn Swann's and JC Watts are telling them to do.

iRepo
    I was listening to one of these the other day and was called a racist.
    http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/d...p?pid=74&cat=0

SHOTKALLIN
    Nope, more racism is seen in the black community towards whites and Mexicans. Blacks tend to vote democrat.
    This could not be more wrong. There is more racism in the black community, just between light skin and dark skin blacks.
    Oh and get it straight the Asian and hispanic imigrants hate Americans. White or black. This is my opinion based on what I see in Los Angeles on a day to day basis.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Like the actress who praises her absent black father while the WHITE mother worked two jobs to raise her! Rat Racists like “sheets Byrd” BTW was MLK a Republican or DemocRAT ??
    Based on his actions, MLK Jr was liberal, however, I found information that stated that he was a Republican. A Republican liberal
    What actress are you referring to?
    Too go out on a limb I'd wager the majority of racism in America today is from the Latino and Black communities. Too many of their societal problems are blamed on the "White Establishment". When many of the socalled community leaders continue to pursue this course of blame, it is only natural many of the citizens follow their feelings.
    The 2 Revs and others perpetuate these feeliongs mainly for personal gain. Groups such as the NAACP and LULAC also to a very large extent of their membership, continue to push race as the main issue keeping their "people" from suceeding in life.
    In reality the people need to shed these views and look realistically at the country, society, and their own communities to see where the real issues stand as far as how they are percieved by society and how many times their actions put them into the bad places they claim to be unable to escape from.
    The current Mike Vick issue is an example of how this racism thing works. Vick through his own arrogance and irresponsibility has committed both a serious crime and a moral F-up of extreme magnitude. The black community leaders such as the Rev. White of Atlanta who's position with the NAACP gives him the soapbox to speak out on this misdeed, instead blames white society for trying to bring down a young successful black man looked up to in all society. Vick is not being prosecutred because of color but because of actions.
    On the other hand you listen to Charles Barkley, Terrence Moore a sucessful black jounalist from Atlanta, and other leading black members of the the community who view the situation for what it is, a very stupid young man that "just doesn't get it" and who thought because it would be swept under the rug like all of his other transgressions, he would get a slap on the wrist and keep playing his game. Unfortunately too many listen to Rev White and not Barkley on how this whole incident is percieved.
    Racism lives because too many in the minority community won't face facts where their citizens actions are detrimental to their situations. They need to understand when society tries to intervene and point out deficiencies, that it isn't racilly motivated "keep y'all down" nonsense. They must face their real issues like the Bill Cosby's and Charles Barkleys, Lynn Swann's and JC Watts are telling them to do.
    Tex,
    Would it be fair to say that you viewed MLK Jr as a racist and that you don't believe that Jan 15th should be a National Holiday?
    I find it interesting that the use of the term Wetback, that is so commonly used here, seems to be excused from racist issue.
    racism
    Main Entry: rac·ism
    Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
    Function: noun
    1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
    - rac·ist /-sist also -shist/ noun or adjective
    Most Blacks or Mexicans don't claim inherent superiority over white people. Racial prejudice or discrimination are terms unto themselves.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast