Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking discussions

Tom Brown
    * Edit: THOR added to the list
    It's interesting how futile the discussions about drinking and operating motor vehicles are. There are two opinion camps on this subject and that's that.
    Something I take as clear fact on this, but shouldn't, is that people who downplay or support drinking and driving are people who drink and drive. It seems so obvious, I haven't put much thought into it until just now.
    I wonder if there is anyone who doesn't drink, who thinks it's OK to drink and drive once in a while. Maybe just a short trip back to the launch ramp and a few miles through town to return home.
    The first name that comes to mind is RiverDave. I find Dave's arguments reasonable and logical, largely. They do not, however, seem objective. His arguments, as I understand them, support the idea that a skilled operator can consume some limited quantity of alcohol and still operate a vehicle better than average. This strikes me as reasonable on some level. RD has an OUI so, at least at some point in his life, his situation supports the original hypothesis of this thread.
    There is another member of ***boat who drinks and drives. I've seen it. I've heard several others tell me they've seen him. He even posted a story about it. Yet, I've seen him post that he has never, and would never, drink and drive. Further, he has gone on about how little respect he has for people who do so. People even commended him for his position. I wonder if he believes what he's posted? I suspect he does.
    When I speculate on the odds that Moneypitt, Wet Dream, THOR, and other people who are defensive about OUI, as it relates to boating safety, I would put the odds they've operated a vehicle intoxicated recently at 100%. I'm not talking about what they say they do... I'm talking about real life.
    If I were an enforcement officer, I would watch out for people who are quick to question the dangerous effects of alcohol as unproven and overstated. It would not be entirely ethical to watch for their boats on the water and scrutinize them extra closely, but it would be difficult not to.
    Opinions? Discussion? Death threats?

riverbound
    RD sux
    And Tom, you were just added to my people to kill list

Tom Brown

That reaction seems a little severe. I could use a belt.

Jbb
    You keep picking on RD.....and I will stomp your ass ............That's my job........RD SUX!

HDF WATERDOG
    Well said Mr. Brown, These guys are going to hang you high though.

Tom what's your opinion on the adequate cooking of a steak if such cooking results in the elimination of salmonella bacteria in the meat? Is it safer to undercook and enjoy the flavor of basically uncooked meat just because you've eaten it that way since you were a young boy and never contracted the salmonella virus? Is a heat lamp to warm the meat and give the impression of actually being cooked an adequate subsitute for cooking it?
    Or perhaps with enough tequila in the system the salmonella virus is just eliminated anyway and the steak will absorb enough of the alcohol to make it safe to drive back home. Questions to ponder. :idea:

Tom Brown
    No one has ever proven that salmonella is dangerous, or even that it exists. It's a myth perpetrated by people who wish to take away our fun.
    Even if it does exist, it is completely irrelevant because you could just as easily be killed by the ebola virus, therefore, protecting yourself from salmonella is a complete waste of time.
    Feel free to wander into a field, pick up a cow by the hind legs, burry your face in it's ass, and take a bite.
    Enjoy, my friend.

rrrr
    When I speculate on the odds that Moneypitt, Wet Dream, and other people who are defensive about OUI, as it relates to boating safety, I would put the odds they've operated a vehicle intoxicated recently at 100%. I'm not talking about what they say they do... I'm talking about real life.
    I'd say you are quite perceptive, Tom. VVVVVVV
    Here we go again with some of you dumb mother f'ers ASSUMING consumption and intoxication. Redwing, that goes for you. TPC, you didn't chase the guys down, how the hell would you know if they were or weren't? You didn't have the balls to go after them and confirm.

Tom Brown
    You're killing me, Brian.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast