Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking discussions

Jbb
    I could never eat that....:jawdrop:

No one has ever proven that salmonella is dangerous, or even that it exists. It's a myth perpetrated by people who wish to take away our fun.
    Even if it does exist, it is completely irrelevant because you could just as easily be killed by the ebola virus, therefore, protecting yourself from salmonella is a complete waste of time.
    Therefore, feel free to wander into a field, pick a cow up by the hind legs, burry your face in it's ass, and take a bite.
    Enjoy, my friend.
    What about E-coli Tom? I find the whole face in a cow's ass thing somewhat disturbing and am not attracted to doing this regardless of the salmonella issue.
    With that said I'm heading over to the market now and chomp down a nice bloody Porterhouse right in the isle. Thanks for extinguishing my concerns.
    Threadjack complete.

Tom Brown
    As it happens, I'm somewhat familiar with meat.
    I work in the livestock industry. That doesn't make me an expert but I've picked up a thing or two along the way.
    Meat safety varies with how it's handled. Salmonella is not a virus native to meat. E. coli virus is also not native to meat. E. coli and other virus are native to the intestinal tract of livestock. It's pretty much guaranteed to be there, just as it's guaranteed to be in human feces. For this reason, meat has to be carefully cut and inspected.
    There are many cuts that are perfectly safe raw, as long as they were cut properly. Government inspection and grading largely eliminates the risk of eating these cuts.
    Cuts close to the bowel are not safe. This includes hamburger. If there is any question of E. coli, the meat needs to be cooked above 155 degrees. Basically, cook your burgers until the juice coming from the burger is clear.
    I'm not saying we shouldn't be cautious about E. coli. I'm just saying there's no need to freak out about it.

THOR
    If you have one beer and operate, does that mean you are operating illegally, or just operating while under the influence. I have never been told what the difference was. Lets say you were pulled over and blew a .02. What does this mean?

As it happens, I'm somewhat familiar with meat.
    Tom, this is ***boat.com. Not the Canadian meat cutters website.
    Good thing most the benchracers are offline on the weekends.

Ultracrazy
    If you have one beer and operate, does that mean you are operating illegally, or just operating while under the influence. I have never been told what the difference was. Lets say you were pulled over and blew a .02. What does this mean?
    It means HBD (had been drinking). Not a violation unless it can be proved that the amount of alcohol in your system impaired you to the point of being considered under the influence.

THOR
    This is my point. So, I had been drinking. The majority of folks on here are willing to take me jail and throw away the key. Why?

Her454
    I think if you are a responsible drinker that owns a Pit Bull and have taken a boating safety course then you cannot possibly expect any more.
    Good thing most the benchracers are offline on the weekends.
    All 10 multiple personalties.

Tom Brown
    This is my point. So, I had been drinking. The majority of folks on here are willing to take me jail and throw away the key. Why?
    The point of my original post is that, based on the hypothesis in the original post, there is a strong chance you are either deluded or lying. Perhaps not, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Still, the point is that people who are defensive and quick to point out that there's nothing wrong with having a drink or two, are likely to have difficulty stopping after a drink or two. This is the hypothesis that I subscribe to.
    Boatcop posted a great thread a few weeks ago in which he cited a statistic that about 10% of people on the water or road on Friday and Saturday afternoon and evening are over the legal .08 BAC limit. He cited 16 arrests out of 164 boats stopped at his last checkpoint to support but he also had lots of other numerical data supporting.
    I sported that quote in my signature for a while.
    10% drivers over .08 BAC.... that blows me away.

THOR
    I think if you are a responsible drinker that owns a Pit Bull and have taken a boating safety course then you cannot possibly expect any more.
    I dont own a pitbull, but rather a retriever.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast