Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking discussions

Ultracrazy
    This is my point. So, I had been drinking. The majority of folks on here are willing to take me jail and throw away the key. Why?
    Good question.......

Her454
    I dont own a pitbull, but rather a retriever.
    Then you should be hung from the highest tree rather than jailed.

THOR
    The point of my original post is that, based on the hypothesis in the original post, there is a strong chance you are either deluded or lying. Perhaps not, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
    10% drivers over .08 BAC.... that blows me away.
    That is stat that makes me not want to go out on the water like I posted a few weeks back. But, my family enjoys it as do I. I remember reading Boatcop's post and I was amazed. I cant believe the amount of a-holes that beer bong all day long, hit the hard stuff then roll up and down the river. It simply amazes me. Now, back to our/your original discussion.....
    Have I driven drunk before Tom? Yep. Poor decision by me. Very poor.
    But, do I when I boat? No. Do I when I am around town? No.
    Do we need to lynch every person that has a beer, a glass of wine, etc and is under the limit? I dont think so. I just dont like hearing of guys assuming all types of shady behavior for being intoxicated. Again, we dont need citizens arresting citizens based on assumptions.

THOR
    The point of my original post is that, based on the hypothesis in the original post, there is a strong chance you are either deluded or lying. Perhaps not, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
    10% drivers over .08 BAC.... that blows me away.
    whoops

Wet Dream
    It's interesting how futile the discussions about drinking and operating motor vehicles are. There are two opinion camps on this subject and that's that.
    Something I take as clear fact on this, but shouldn't, is that people who downplay or support drinking and driving are people who drink and drive. It seems so obvious, I haven't put much thought into it until just now.
    I wonder if there is anyone who doesn't drink, who thinks it's OK to drink and drive once in a while. Maybe just a short trip back to the launch ramp and a few miles through town to return home.
    The first name that comes to mind is RiverDave. I find Dave's arguments reasonable and logical, largely. They do not, however, seem objective. His arguments, as I understand them, support the idea that a skilled operator can consume some limited quantity of alcohol and still operate a vehicle better than average. This strikes me as reasonable on some level. RD has an OUI so, at least at some point in his life, his situation supports the original hypothesis of this thread.
    There is another member of ***boat who drinks and drives. I've seen it. I've heard several others tell me they've seen him. He even posted a story about it. Yet, I've seen him post that he has never, and would never, drink and drive. Further, he has gone on about how little respect he has for people who do so. People even commended him for his position. I wonder if he believes what he's posted? I suspect he does.
    When I speculate on the odds that Moneypitt, Wet Dream, and other people who are defensive about OUI, as it relates to boating safety, I would put the odds they've operated a vehicle intoxicated recently at 100%. I'm not talking about what they say they do... I'm talking about real life.
    If I were an enforcement officer, I would watch out for people who are quick to question the dangerous effects of alcohol as unproven and overstated. It would not be entirely ethical to watch for their boats on the water and scrutinize them extra closely, but it would be difficult not to.
    Opinions? Discussion? Death threats?
    Tom, I don't know anything about you, and I generally don't follow any of your threads about dumps. However, you seem to know so much about what I believe, how I act, and what I post. This really does piss me off, but I'm not going to name call here. You have just managed to fall into the same category as some of the others that have their head up their ass in certain subjects. I don't know where the hell you ever got the impression that I support drinking and driving. Find one post where I EVER said it was ok. Take your time. I know full well the AFFECTS (with an A) of alcohol and operating vehicles and motor skills. Last night, I had a friend on mine on for town. My wife and I took him out for a few drinks. I drove down, had a few with my buddy, she drove home. How far did we go? 2/10 of a mile max, maybe less. (you can do the conversion) Now, before you make any other asinine comments, she didn't drink, but I wasn't going to chance it. I haven't been boating much this season, but a few weeks ago, went to the river. I love my beer. I can sit on the porch, relax by the pond, play poker and drink the stock price up in beer. But I take O'Douls to the river. I take 4 NA's and 2 regulars, I try to do my part. We were on the river for almost 7 hours. Again, do the math. So, for the most part, you can take your uninformed comments and make a dump thread about that. Since I know you can't find any posts from me about condoning drunk driving, I will help you out. Alcohol DOES affect (again, with the A) different people in a different way, and a should be recognized when it comes to evaluating an operator. Case in point, there recently was a flight attendant who had a BAC of .03, yet she came off as 1.3 to the camera and the crew and security. Some others at a .03, you couldn't tell. Thats my take.

THOR
    Wetdream,
    Tom posted your name and mine so I guess we are both guilty. Quit bringin rational thinking and logic into this. It just doesnt work. These discussions about alcohol usually turn out like the discussions on religion and politics. One side knows all and condemns the other side if they arent in 100% agreement.

Jbb
    Tom, I don't know anything about you, and I generally don't follow any of your threads about dumps. However, you seem to know so much about what I believe, how I act, and what I post. This really does piss me off, but I'm not going to name call here. You have just managed to fall into the same category as some of the others that have their head up their ass in certain subjects. I don't know where the hell you ever got the impression that I support drinking and driving. Find one post where I EVER said it was ok. Take your time. I know full well the AFFECTS (with an A) of alcohol and operating vehicles and motor skills. Last night, I had a friend on mine on for town. My wife and I took him out for a few drinks. I drove down, had a few with my buddy, she drove home. How far did we go? 2/10 of a mile max, maybe less. (you can do the conversion) Now, before you make any other asinine comments, she didn't drink, but I wasn't going to chance it. I haven't been boating much this season, but a few weeks ago, went to the river. I love my beer. I can sit on the porch, relax by the pond, play poker and drink the stock price up in beer. But I take O'Douls to the river. I take 4 NA's and 2 regulars, I try to do my part. We were on the river for almost 7 hours. Again, do the math. So, for the most part, you can take your uninformed comments and make a dump thread about that. Since I know you can't find any posts from me about condoning drunk driving, I will help you out. Alcohol DOES affect (again, with the A) different people in a different way, and a should be recognized when it comes to evaluating an operator. Case in point, there recently was a flight attendant who had a BAC of .03, yet she came off as 1.3 to the camera and the crew and security. Some others at a .03, you couldn't tell. Thats my take.
    I think Brown should be drug to the curb.....like yesterdays garbage...

Riverkid
    Then you should be hung from the highest tree rather than jailed.
    I have two of those. How about an olive branch?

Wet Dream
    Wetdream,
    Tom posted your name and mine so I guess we are both guilty. Quit bringin rational thinking and logic into this. It just doesnt work. These discussions about alcohol usually turn out like the discussions on religion and politics. One side knows all and condemns the other side if they arent in 100% agreement.
    Yes, I'm guilty. I'm trying to be calm in this bombardment of self righteous holier than thou bullcrap. I don't know whats more frustrating, trying to explain myself to a f'ing canadian that takes a dump and finds glory in it, or the fact that I'm arguing with a stupid canadian that takes glory dumps, posts on it, and think he knows me.

Tom Brown
    I'm trying to be calm in this bombardment of self righteous holier than thou bullcrap.
    You're making yourself look more and more intelligent all the time, Wet Dream.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast