Thread: Battery Mount? ????

I'm Way Open For Opinions Because The Way Mine Is Sucks.(stupid Utard) Drill Into Stringer? Optima And Mount ?

BrendellaJet
    Drill into stringer. Silicone the bolts well so you dont get any deterioration.

'75 Miller
    Do you already have a box for it? Does your boat have a flat platform in the back for it to sit on?

Well I told ya is sucks so here it is now. HMM I CANT POST A PIC. I HAVE NO BOX AND IF I DID I WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO MOUNT IT? PICS R GOOD . SEEMS LIKE IF I MOUNTED IT TO MY STRINGER I'D COOK IT. (OPTIMA OR NOT)

'75 Miller
    Well I told ya is sucks so here it is now. HMM I CANT POST A PIC. I HAVE NO BOX AND IF I DID I WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO MOUNT IT? PICS R GOOD . SEEMS LIKE IF I MOUNTED IT TO MY STRINGER I'D COOK IT. (OPTIMA OR NOT)
    Where's your battery currently mounted? Is there a FLAT PLATFORM at the rear of your boat on one or both sides of the stringer? If there is I can tell you how I MOUNTED MINE.

It Was At The Back On Pasenger Side. But When I Went To Thru Transom Bassetts Instead Of O.t. I Moved It All The Way Fwd To Where The Plastic Box Rests One Side In My Back Seat(a Couple Of Screws There. And One Side On My Ft. Engine Cover,(couple Of Screws There) And Te Level It I Siliconed Some Teak To The Bottom Of The Boat,and Put A Couple Of Screws There. It Works. But There Is No Strap Or Anything To Hold It Down.

soulboater#1
    not knowing what kind of boat that you have-i have a miniday cruiser and when i built the back seats i made it so that the batts sit snug under the seats and can not jump around or move. I do not store anything under those seats so there is no point for anyone to lift them up.