Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercury Outboard For Sale

89checkmate
    I have a 1994 mercury 200 EFI, never in salt water, boyseen reeds, runs great. I am selling only because I upgraded to a new honda 225 four stroke.
    $4200.00 or best offer....won't last
    If interested, let me know and I will send more details.

snappertapper
    How do you like the honda? i have been hearing good things but im not too crazy on fourstrokes, Does it seem to have the power of a 2 stroke

89checkmate
    The honda 225 is awesome....somehow honda managed to take a sohc 24 valve v-6 engine and turn it on its side to create this very torqueeee engine that is rated @225 at the prop....
    No more smoke, twice the fuel economy, the only draw back is that it weighs about 600lbs. You just need to have enough boat for it. I have it on a 21' boat with a 10" setback hydraulic jackplate and hydraulic steering.

snappertapper
    cool if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost? my dad is considering one

89checkmate
    they list at around $18,500, I was able to make a deal at the LA boat show and got mine for $15000. which is about what I was looking at for a promax. and I could not purchase a 2-stroke in calif.
    if you give me your email address, I will send you a picture to show your dad.

snappertapper

Wicky
    Originally posted by 89checkmate:
    The honda 225 is awesome....somehow honda managed to take a sohc 24 valve v-6 engine and turn it on its side to create this very torqueeee engine that is rated @225 at the prop....
    No more smoke, twice the fuel economy, the only draw back is that it weighs about 600lbs.
    89checkmate,
    Please give us more info on this motor. I would like to know what kind of actual not claimed mileage you are getting? How long does it take you to get on plane? And most of all, what is the speed compared to your old 200?
    A 600lb motor on the back of my boat would sink my boat. I think it is sad you can't buy a new 2stroke after 2006. Just sad.
    ****ing treehuggers,
    Wicky

TOBTEK
    Originally posted by Wicky:
    89checkmate,
    Please give us more info on this motor. I would like to know what kind of actual not claimed mileage you are getting? How long does it take you to get on plane? And most of all, what is the speed compared to your old 200?
    A 600lb motor on the back of my boat would sink my boat. I think it is sad you can't buy a new 2stroke after 2006. Just sad.
    ****ing treehuggers,
    Wicky
    What will happend to all the people that have 2stroke outboards after the 2006 rule? will we still beable to go all the lakes and rivers?

Wicky
    I'm not sure on that one. If it is anything like it is for off roading, California is going to be a lousier place to live.

89checkmate
    Hey snappertapper, I can't get that email address to work.
    As for the gas mileage, the fuel ecomony is there, when we go to Martinez, we go to the same sandbar upriver, and I am using approx. just under half of the amount of gas for the day. oh, and the honda takes 87octane, not the 92 I was putting in my merc 200. and no more purchasing that expensive 2-stroke oil.
    My boat is heavy, and with 4 people, one dog, and full coolers and ez-up's, it still jumps out of the hole very nicely. I am turning a 23pitch 3 blade, the rpm's are approx.5600. and has a smooth and even powerband. I have a 21 pitch "hi-five" that I am trying the next time out. The speed is about the same (approx.65mph) mostly because of the extra weight. Also, it is very quiet, you can actually hear the stereo at crusing speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast