Thread: Ione Washington, this weekend!

CircleJerk
    60 miles north of Spokane, very near to Metaline Falls, the site of the Kevin Cosner movie entitled 'The Postman' lies the sleepy lumber jack town of Ione with the best river racing sites ever! Yup, just watch for City Park signs or view the race site from the highway winding through town and look for the huge turnout of race boats and our lovable Nostalgic Circle Boats. The only river flowing North into Canada, the Pend Orielle will test our guys (7 fast ones and 7 almost as fast). Weather: mid 80s lows 58 evenings!!!!!
    THAT'S 14 FLATS RACING ON A 3/4 MILE RIVER COURSE IN THE CURRENT WITH OUT MUFFLERS OR COMMON SENSE AND IT'S FREE ADMISSION TO SPECTATORS (with or without sense) WITH MINOR LIMITATIONS FOR THOSE WANDERING THE PITS! (no open toed shoes, smoking, or uppity snobs) The racers foot the bill and welcome anyone near to join the tailgate party.
    This park features a huge covered patio for picnics as well as shade trees and a raised spectating area just a few feet from the starting chute and turn one! The two bars in town have lots of specials and music to stumble to!
    See you there! Racing should start by 11:00 with early registration at 7:30am to 9:00 both days. It's the biggest turnout of flats in TWO YEARS and the competition is going to be fast & close! I guarantee it! jErK

CircleJerk
    Hey, dude check out your Howard! You are coming, arent you??

FlatRat
    Hey, dude check out your Howard! You are coming, arent you??
    Nice pics jerk,
    well...I can't make it this time.We are working on the rental.I'll be there in "spirit"though ...The long deck Hallet on S&S racing will there...did ever find flipper in your sharks scoop? Everyone have safe and fun time.

biesemeyer34
    Timmy, I hope you have recovered from your "cripple fight " wounds. Here is one for you Mr. Montana ---I own you or Ione you. Jimmy D.

FlatRat
    Timmy, I hope you have recovered from your "cripple fight " wounds. Here is one for you Mr. Montana ---I own you or Ione you. Jimmy D.
    Ouch Mr.D,
    we would really like to be there. Racin' is out this time around but at least to b.s. and help out however we could.Too many irons in the fire to build another bullet at this time.I still have to build one for the Porsche this winter.Hopefully we can unload a few properties to free up some moola.Be safe and hammer down,Domesticated Rat...whatever that is

CircleJerk
    Sorry Tim you cant go, you will be missed! And who will keep me and Robbie at arms length? I hear he's bringing his boat! Ride the Harley down! That's a gas saver, aint it?

FlatRat
    Sorry Tim you cant go, you will be missed! And who will keep me and Robbie at arms length? I hear he's bringing his boat! Ride the Harley down! That's a gas saver, aint it?
    Oh yes it is,
    I have to stay home this time.Lotsa of work to do.I know, it sucks.:jawdrop:

sanger ss396
    today the jerk and i went at it on the race course today. it was my first time racing a flatty. there were 3 boats in the nosty ski class. i took a 3rd. in the second heat i suckered boyd and the other boat into jumping the start and so i got a first place for the day. boyd told me he was trying to get the other guy to jump but it did not look like it to me. i felt that my trap worked great. there is a second day of racing on sunday but i will not be able to compete with the jerk. we missed u rat

CircleJerk
    Howl I see it, yes, Larry was the only legal boat at the start. Sunday, the day you werent there, saw the SK class and the ski boat class combine due to two missing racers (SS396) and one dropped valve boat engine. So if you could have been there you would have seen another jerk exciting flying start, all 4 boats wide, of the WEEKEND! And, yours truly was once again flying down the outside of the course with 20 mph more speed than anyone since they were a little early to the clock. I knew I had the slowest boat (heaviest) and could only do what I did, stir up the troops and show off!
    Sundays First heat: jerk first into turn one, last place after 3 laps
    Second heat: three jumpers were DQed by 1/10 of a second! Video had to be scrutinized 4 times! Me, having run 20 feet off the beach and closest to the clock with the brightest colored boat got my third foul, ( who cares? I dont want points or trophys just fun) and two others followed me to their demise!!! Sure was a wild start! A photo opp bonanza!
    You did a great job staying out of trouble in your light weight SangBang however, my boat handled the slop much better, (windy near blow off conditions) In case you all dont know, we flats are called upon to run when the choppy h2o is too bad for the hydroplanes as was the case Saturday.
    Sunday was another story with glass smooth water and sunshine, Wow
    See new Ione post