Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single cab short bed towing?

XtrmWakeborder
    Hey guys, anyone tow with a single cab short bed? I'm thinking I could make one into a decent street machine with a super charger or an sts kit, but how would it tow. Any experiences?

speedymopars
    Hey guys, anyone tow with a single cab short bed? I'm thinking I could make one into a decent street machine with a super charger or an sts kit, but how would it tow. Any experiences?
    Depends - are you starting out with a D50 or a 1 ton Chevy/Ford/Dodge???
    Short WB trucks/ vans are great to tow with, they have great manuverability. Ford's have the worst turning radius, the 4 wheel steer Chevys the best.

Chipster27
    Ford's have the worst turning radius, the 4 wheel steer Chevys the best.
    Depends on the year of the Ford. In 05 the Superdutys went to a new front end dramtically improving the turning radius. A couple weeks ago I drove a 08 Ford LB Dually and it seemed to turn even better than my 05 SB.
    Is Chevy still making the quadra-steer? I thought everyone dropped the 4WS concept.

jh4rt
    There is a lot you can do to a short bed pu to make it tow better including the use of a weight distributing hitch... but they have their limitations.

Markos
    I have a 2003 Quadra-steer 6.0. I want to supercharge it cause it is kind of a dog when I tow. Great to manuver around though.

dc96819
    No more quadra-steer,the Kenny Bell/Whipple/Radix would be the best for towing(instant power) .I do agree he needs a chevy

PHOTOGLOU
    I have 6 Quad steers in Stock NEW.... YES 2003 NEW MSRP over $40k for 4x4 for $29,500 or 2wd MSRP for over $37,500 for $25,900....

Classic Daycruiser
    I tow with a two-wheel drive, single cab, short bed, Dodge SLT Daytona. I used to tow with a 1983 suburban. I can tell you maneuvering in tight spaces (Hotel parking lots) is so much easier.
    It also reduced vehicle to trailer oscillations going over rough bridges considerably.
    The four wheel drive option would make it easier on the ramp (wheel spin), but I just take it slow, and occasionly need some one to stand on the bumper to get the tires to hook up (steep ramps)
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...7&d=1188149788

XtrmWakeborder
    I'll be towing a 21ft Daytona mini day. I got up in a lifted crew cab today and there is no way in hell I can drive that to work everyday. I have to park in parking structures and at clients a lot and it just wouldn't work. Single cab short bed, or extended cab short bed are what i'm considering now. I haven't seen a new body style extended cab lifted yet so the jury is kind of out on that. Oh, it has to be a chevy, and Jay will more than likely get my business. I can't pass up the deals he has. I'm just doing a bit of research first.

PHOTOGLOU
    I'll be towing a 21ft Daytona mini day. I got up in a lifted crew cab today and there is no way in hell I can drive that to work everyday. I have to park in parking structures and at clients a lot and it just wouldn't work. Single cab short bed, or extended cab short bed are what i'm considering now. I haven't seen a new body style extended cab lifted yet so the jury is kind of out on that. Oh, it has to be a chevy, and Jay will more than likely get my business. I can't pass up the deals he has. I'm just doing a bit of research first.
    Perfect look forward to it....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast