Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fountain jumping a wake

fuzz
    yes, when its in a reckless, unsafe fashion, absolutely. (Like missing my bumper by a few inches at high speed) Not cool.

You can't be serious. You can't see the danger in that? Its all fun and games untill someones little kid gets killed, isn't it?
    If anyone ever intentially does that while I have my family onboard they will have HELL to pay....
    This reminds of some people we boat with. There could be a boat a 1/2 mile away and they are freaking out that I don't see them or they don't see us and want me to take drastic measures You know it can be just as dangerous being to over cautious.

yes, when its in a reckless, unsafe fashion, absolutely. (Like missing my bumper by a few inches at high speed) Not cool.
    I agree with you on this. But this boat had to be atleast 75-100 feet away. Not enough for the normal person to freak out. That's my opinion.

vee-driven
    Drive that sh!t.....!

fuzz
    And this is part of the problem of water safety too, mentality. Some people operate boats like cars. Comparing boats and cars is like apples and oranges. There are no lanes, brakes, signals, signs, seatbelts, airbags, guard rails, center mediums on the water.
    Oh and besides being too close, the Fountain passed on the wrong side.
    It looked closer than 75 feet, I wouldnt have an issue with that, it would be too close if you took on spray from the boat landing next to you.

AZJD
    How true!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6a63JGTC8&NR=1
    What an awesome vid........
    Except that part where the open cockpit boat gets run over...

fuzz
    This reminds of some people we boat with. There could be a boat a 1/2 mile away and they are freaking out that I don't see them or they don't see us and want me to take drastic measures You know it can be just as dangerous being to over cautious.
    Hard to imagine how being over cautious could be dangerous, unless your talking about people panicking and doing something irrational.

chub
    I must be different then everybody else. If that was my wake being jumped I could careless as long as I did not get swamped or anyone got hurt. I guess I'm missing the big deal here.:idea:
    GO PACKERS!!!!!

Nord
    WHAT, my boat only goes 63
    You bought a boat!!!!! Sweet!!!

Hard to imagine how being over cautious could be dangerous, unless your talking about people panicking and doing something irrational.
    Exactly! Like doing 65 mph in a 65 mph zone yet traffic is doing 75 to 80 mph the one doing 65 mph is the one that is going to cause a accident. Just go with the flow. I've seen cops come up next to a person that I was following in the fast lane and tell them to speed up or get over in the far right where the slow traffic is. Then the cop went back to the flow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast