Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overcrowding in Jails....solution #1

Big Warlock
    I think we, at Hot Boat, need a kinder, gentler approach! So I want to be about solutions and not just problems.
    How about this:
    All illegal immigrants (regardless of citizenship) convicted and sentenced to jail would serve time in private jails established in Mexico? These jails would be close by in border towns. They, by many estimates, would cost approximately 1/4 what it costs tax payers to keep prisoners here in the US. We would have to keep some standards, but really who cares? They aren't entitled to the same rights as US citizens. More room, less costs and then our convicted DUIs and others can fullfill their sentences?
    Votes??

RitcheyRch
    Sounds good to me.

Big Warlock
    why not, they send everything else to third world countires, so why not the dregs of society !! great idea !!
    Outsourcing!! The wave of the future!!

Boatcop
    I have a another idea. (Although yours is pretty good).
    It costs approximately 5 times more to house a prisoner on death row, than it does to house a non-death sentence inmate. The costs are for increased security and other necessary measures. This does not take into account the overall costs for death sentenced inmates, such as for appeals, and other court related issues. (estimated to be close to 1 million dollars a year, with ALL death case costs included)
    The average cost to house a non-death sentence inmate is approx. $22,000 per year.
    There are (approx) 3,350 people currently on death row costing an estimated $110,000 each in direct prison costs per year. Total for death sentenced inmates = $368,500,000 each year.
    If these pieces of human refuse would have the sentence that the people have rendered carried out, it would mean enough direct prison funds available to house an additional 16,750 inmates.

Cheap Thrills
    If you want to reduce the prison population, reinstate public execution and go mid evil on a few asses. None of this 10 years on death row waiting on appeal crap I mean Don't pass GO and Don't collect 200 dollars straight out the damn door and to Hell with em. It wouldn't take about 2 Public "Drawn and Quartering s to diminish any evil thoughts and ideas of wrong doing. The money we save from having to house the condemned could do wonders in other areas of Government.
    Then again.. Outsourcing seems like a good idea. Blood makes me squeamish
    T.

westair
    It costs approximately 5 times more to house a prisoner on death row, than it does to house a non-death sentence inmate. The costs are for increased security and other necessary measures. This does not take into account the overall costs for death sentenced inmates, such as for appeals, and other court related issues. (estimated to be close to 1 million dollars a year, with ALL death case costs included)
    The average cost to house a non-death sentence inmate is approx. $22,000 per year.
    There are (approx) 3,350 people currently on death row costing an estimated $110,000 each in direct prison costs per year. Total for death sentenced inmates = $368,500,000 each year.
    If these pieces of human refuse would have the sentence that the people have rendered carried out, it would mean enough direct prison funds available to house an additional 16,750 inmates.
    With our Attorney General here in Ca (Jerry Brown) he's more likely to solve the problem by letting them out of prison than carrying out their sentences.

Cheap Thrills
    I'm glad you posted that. I didn't want to be the only one getting bashed by the human rights flunkies for suggesting we start killing people.
    Great minds think alike.
    T.

fatboy95
    How about a first class seat in a 55 gallon drum dropped from a C-130 flying over the Pacific ocean to Hawaii.

Classic Daycruiser
    It seems the court system in Iraq could be our model. They get their business done quickly.

Big Warlock
    Excellent suggestion as well!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast