Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Defense...

photo chick

'75 Miller
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...04-med-med.jpg I've got five of these!!
    Presa Canario?

Jbb
    And....you said you never get toys!!!
    ...Not ...often....

'75 Miller
    Where do you live?
    Liberal utopia. His next-door neighbor is Santa Claus, the easter bunny lives 6 houses down, and two blocks away is the tooth fairy.

Milton04
    nice shotgun. I still like to have this handy.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/hwgramps/mag.jpg
    Your Kimber is an excellent choice. I have a 5" barrel Kimber Custom shop that has a 3.5 lb trigger, Wilson ambi safety's and a high rise beaver tail. I have around 10,000 rounds through it and it runs great. Won the Georgia state single stack championship with it and hadn't shot it in a year. I keep a JP Enterprise AR 15 with a C-More laser scope on it just in case the Kimber won't reach out and touch a criminal.... Also the Wilson 870 12 gauge is very nice home defense.... Any weapon is excellent if you are comfortable enough to use it and understand what to do should it fail you. We've been down to Thunder Ranch in Texas for several classes and it really helps with the shooting, plus I love shooting USPA. Shooting is like eating potato chips, you just can't stop at one shot or chip.
    My 2c,
    Milton

thatguy
    From Kellerman:
    "for every case of self-protection homicide involving a firearm kept in the home, there were 1.3 accidental deaths, 4.6 criminal homicides, and 37 suicides involving firearms."
    I think his point is having the gun and knowing what to do in a high stress, probably sudden, half aslep moment with a life and death decision to make in an instant are 2 seperate things.
    Yes, I am firm in having mine. Has anybody been in that situation? I would love to hear the story. Sure somebody has one.
    Training on intruder encounters, identifying targets and actual threats is a MUST!!
    Do you think you or your wife are going to instantly get the drop on a violent intruder? A person that has snuck in while you are asleep? It is possible, but the odds are not in your favor.
    Those stats are probably close, I don't know.
    Please! Get training and refreshers. Have drills every so often. It may save your life. Available at most local police, gun shops , or private consultants.
    I know it makes you feel safe having the gun, but you will be better prepared with training and practice.
    Tommy

junkyardhunter
    I pitty the fool who comes in my house uninvited!
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...drivegears.jpg
    Nice SIG

redneckcharlie
    Liberal utopia. His next-door neighbor is Santa Claus, the easter bunny lives 6 houses down, and two blocks away is the tooth fairy.
    LMFAO!

'75 Miller
    I think his point is having the gun and knowing what to do in a high stress, probably sudden, half aslep moment with a life and death decision to make in an instant are 2 seperate things.
    Tommy
    I dunno Tommy, with all due respect I think you might be giving the benefit of the doubt to someone that doesn't deserve it (talkinghead). Those "stats" are typically anti-gunner crap that leftists (usually) always bring up to justify the gun bans they wish to put in place. I hope I'm wrong, but I strongly doubt this guy is just thinking of our safety with that post.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast