Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Home Defense...

riverracerx
    I happen to like this little piece:
    http://www.chuckhawks.com/ruger_P95_new.gif

junkyardhunter
    37965 Not much buy they work

vee-driven
    Most people have a dog or two that an intruder must get by first, like we do and if the barking dosen't change an intruders mind then its bang bang bang!

burbanite
    My home defense is a Benelli M1 Super 90
    http://www.sniper.nnov.ru/img/foto/g...elli_m1s90.jpg
    I have the pistol grip version with recoil reducer. One of the nicest guns you'll ever shoot.....if you like being able to put all of the shells in the air before the first one hits the ground...
    I feel sorry for you Californians, I have so much stuff that you cannot own and I don't have to worry about walking around with it. Even my wife owns an AR15 and she is LA born and bred, didn't like guns until she met me and I took her shooting. Over a period of time she grew to enjoy the experience and has even won at a turkey shoot using one of my Remington 1100 12 gauges. (she's 4'11", 98#)
    My home defense options are numerous, I built a shotgun on an 870 Police platform and made adapters for the AR15 grips, (before this became popular), and collapsible butt stock. Made an adapter for a full length Picatinny rail, have an Eotech holographic sight and flip up iron sights for back up. Extended mag with 6 shot side saddle, changed the forend and ball milled it for grip, machined out the receiver for an over sized release and added a jumbo safety and single point sling.
    Carry guns vary but my favorite is one of my Colt CCO's.
    Full auto? Yep, we have it...
    I also have numerous older weapons as a result of having my C&R license, UPS man turns up at the door with what ever I order along with at least a couple of thousand rounds of appropriate ammunition for that particular purchase. Those things are great for a SHTF back up as they are extremely accurate and very forgiving. Bury them in the back yard if you have to and wait.
    Best form of home defense is to have a plan, know your situation and plan accordingly. Talk to your family, set up your safe areas and have your weapons at the ready. Make sure everyone is properly trained in handling the weapons and understands how to evaluate a threat. Seek proper training, that should include the use of flashlights, have them at the ready always, choose them carefully, big is bad.

'75 Miller
    nevermind

mark49
    The statistics of those who avoided becoming a victim by either banishing a weapon or using in self defense are staggering. In the un-perfect world we live in owning a gun and knowing how to use it is as important as knowing how to drive a car.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/29888/
    Our lawmakers... A must view
    http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/1...l-legislation/
    Now if we could just have the "honest criminals" give up their weapons we would only be stabbed, choked, baseball batted to death.
    My 2 cents
    mark
    Lifetime member NRA, lifetime CPRA, CCW holder, hunter, C&R licensee, and WW-11 mobile museum owner.

Sleeper CP
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...04-med-med.jpg I've got five of these!!
    Now that's a home defense system.
    JBB what is the barrel lenght on that thing.
    What, did the as$ wipe talkinghead make a one post hit and run? You can call the cops for help, and ask the inturder to hang out until they get there and hope he or they don't kill you or your family. I'll just blow a hole through the a$$hole, then call the cops to come get the trash off my floor.
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

RitcheyRch
    I bought under recommendations from my buddy that is in the LASD SWAT dept. He said is the same shotgun that they use.
    I have the pistol grip version with recoil reducer. One of the nicest guns you'll ever shoot.....if you like being able to put all of the shells in the air before the first one hits the ground...
    I feel sorry for you Californians, I have so much stuff that you cannot own and I don't have to worry about walking around with it. Even my wife owns an AR15 and she is LA born and bred, didn't like guns until she met me and I took her shooting. Over a period of time she grew to enjoy the experience and has even won at a turkey shoot using one of my Remington 1100 12 gauges. (she's 4'11", 98#)
    My home defense options are numerous, I built a shotgun on an 870 Police platform and made adapters for the AR15 grips, (before this became popular), and collapsible butt stock. Made an adapter for a full length Picatinny rail, have an Eotech holographic sight and flip up iron sights for back up. Extended mag with 6 shot side saddle, changed the forend and ball milled it for grip, machined out the receiver for an over sized release and added a jumbo safety and single point sling.
    Carry guns vary but my favorite is one of my Colt CCO's.
    Full auto? Yep, we have it...
    I also have numerous older weapons as a result of having my C&R license, UPS man turns up at the door with what ever I order along with at least a couple of thousand rounds of appropriate ammunition for that particular purchase. Those things are great for a SHTF back up as they are extremely accurate and very forgiving. Bury them in the back yard if you have to and wait.
    Best form of home defense is to have a plan, know your situation and plan accordingly. Talk to your family, set up your safe areas and have your weapons at the ready. Make sure everyone is properly trained in handling the weapons and understands how to evaluate a threat. Seek proper training, that should include the use of flashlights, have them at the ready always, choose them carefully, big is bad.

photo chick
    I think his point is having the gun and knowing what to do in a high stress, probably sudden, half aslep moment with a life and death decision to make in an instant are 2 seperate things.
    Yes, I am firm in having mine. Has anybody been in that situation? I would love to hear the story. Sure somebody has one. Training on intruder encounters, identifying targets and actual threats is a MUST!!
    Do you think you or your wife are going to instantly get the drop on a violent intruder? A person that has snuck in while you are asleep? It is possible, but the odds are not in your favor.
    Those stats are probably close, I don't know.
    Please! Get training and refreshers. Have drills every so often. It may save your life. Available at most local police, gun shops , or private consultants.
    I know it makes you feel safe having the gun, but you will be better prepared with training and practice.
    Tommy
    Yep... It was 2 am, I was home alone, husband was working with the studios over night. I woke up to the blinds moving in the back slider door. NOTE: My English Bull Terrier slept through the entire thing... I peeked out the bedroom door and saw a man coming in the livingroom, so I grabbed the shotgun out of the closet and cocked it.....he heard it and ran back out the door. I do know how to use it but I was very glad the sound of it made him run out the door to where ever it was he came!!!

thatguy
    I dunno Tommy, with all due respect I think you might be giving the benefit of the doubt to someone that doesn't deserve it (talkinghead). Those "stats" are typically anti-gunner crap that leftists (usually) always bring up to justify the gun bans they wish to put in place. I hope I'm wrong, but I strongly doubt this guy is just thinking of our safety with that post.
    I think you are correct. After I re-read it I can agree that he sounds like another tree hugging, rock licking, anti-gun fool.
    Photo- glad you woke up!! That had to be a scary moment!!
    Did you kick that dog a good one?
    Tommy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast