Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Home Defense...

photo chick
    I think you are correct. After I re-read it I can agree that he sounds like another tree hugging, rock licking, anti-gun fool.
    Photo- glad you woke up!! That had to be a scary moment!!
    Did you kick that dog a good one?
    Tommy
    Yeah it was pretty scary but happened so fast. Yes the dog was grounded for a while Just goes to show you can have a good watch dog but they sleep pretty soundly sometimes. This was a very mean dog and very loyal too. He probably would've been very embarrassed if I could've told him what he missed and how he let me down!

Sleeper CP
    I dunno Tommy, with all due respect I think you might be giving the benefit of the doubt to someone that doesn't deserve it (talkinghead). Those "stats" are typically anti-gunner crap that leftists (usually) always bring up to justify the gun bans they wish to put in place. I hope I'm wrong, but I strongly doubt this guy is just thinking of our safety with that post.
    I guess the "Lib" did a drive by post.
    Sleeper CP[/B][/B]

LOWRIVER2
    Hell Brian,
    I figured you'd just hook up a spray gun and paint 'em to death.
    I"m sure you have plenty of teal left over from you old boat.

Jbb
    Hell Brian,
    I figured you'd just hook up a spray gun and paint 'em to death.
    I"m sure you have plenty of teal left over from you old boat.
    Paints expensive....Shells aren't...It's a matter of economics..

LOWRIVER2
    Winchester slugs/00 buck run an average of a buck a round down here.
    Go with Winchester, proven time and again (over 500 effective stops in last 15 years in my shop alone)
    I"ve fired well over 15,000 rounds of their ball/Duty JHP loads/ 3000 00Buck/ 2000 slugs and have had less than a handful of ammo related issues (all were pistol ammo).
    You can get it many places, Dooley Enterprises (maker of jet boat scoops) is a major distributer for Winchester.

cdog
    With my wife being prego and ready to pop our Weim does a nightly patrol around the house. She has the 1000yd stair out the front window and let's out a couple of mumbled woofs. If the bad guy's get into the house I've got 16 rounds of corbon 10mm HP's for them.

kap
    Benelli M1 Super 90 is an awesome shotgun one of the finest in my opinion. Fastest cyclical rate of any shotgun.
    However, it is cumbersome and not practical for home defense especially for a woman. A nice revolver is better suited for anyone it never jams and easy to handle.
    Versus an auto pistol or shotgun most people may forget to rack the slide or push the button to feed the shotgun. Whereas the revolver is always at the ready. For those that argue over capacity ie... 6/7 in a revolver let's face it after the first round goes off in the house both you and the intruder are gonna shit.
    It's easy to say your gonna blow a hole in someone but extremely hard to do so. Their is something inherent in us which holds us back from killing another human being---unless your trained out of it or have done it before it is really hard to overcome. Even getting close will make most people puke their guts out.
    KAP
    P.S. So remember make the first one count and the rest are to make sure the person cannot hurt you once they are wounded.

socalmoney
    I think it is a bit crazy to post up all the guns you own in a public forum. Especially guns that are pre-ban/registration required weapons. You guys should just keep your mouth shut about them. At least those that live in California.
    Just my .02

Sleeper CP
    Benelli M1 Super 90.
    A nice revolver is better suited for anyone it never jams and easy to handle.
    Versus an auto pistol or shotgun most people may forget to rack the slide or push the button to feed the shotgun. Whereas the revolver is always at the ready. For those that argue over capacity ie... 6/7 in a revolver let's face it after the first round goes off in the house both you and the intruder are gonna shit.
    It's easy to say your gonna blow a hole in someone but extremely hard to do so. Their is something inherent in us which holds us back from killing another human being---unless your trained out of it or have done it before it is really hard to overcome. Even getting close will make most people puke their guts out.
    KAP
    P.S. So remember make the first one count and the rest are to make sure the person cannot hurt you once they are wounded.
    I haven't been trained to do it and I hope I am never put in that position, not something I would look forward to. But I know this: If someone is crazy enough to break into my house while my family and I are in it, they are crazy enough to harm or kill us. They will die before I have to find out what their intentions are and if I puke I'll do it over the their dead body.
    Sleeper CP

LOWRIVER2
    Who's to say the guns that are "pre ban" assault weapons posted are'nt properly registered.
    Any LEO that comes in contact with the owners in the field can find out via computer Automated Firearms Index records through CLETS if the person has it registered.
    Here's another fact for ya:
    There's less than 30 LEO's in Ca. that look for illegal guns exclusively. Only ONE police dept. that has it's own gun unit. The rest are Ca. Dept. of Justice and ATF.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast