Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleek powerboats

speeddmn
    What does everyone think of Sleek powerboats. Thinking of buying a 30ft Heritage and I like the layout of the Sleek boats.

djunkie
    Haven't really heard anything bad about them. Theres few people here with them and they seem to like them. Cole Trickle has a 28' and the thing is huge. The open bow mid cabin setup is sweet too.

Glamasu
    The boat is BAD A$$ I demoed one and loved everything about it.....not really sure why I didn't buy one I bought the sceptor instead...But I will say that watch your dealings with power marine....I have had a few issues and I know other people on the board here have as well
    Good luck

speeddmn
    I'm also curious if anyone has a 30ft heritage on here and what motor they have so I can hear about how the boat performs. I am thinking about the 525.

JryLineman
    I had a 05 30' HERITAGE WITH A 525 .Good family boat . Had alot of usable room and plenty of storage.
    Oher side of the token is that is was horrible in performance. Almost felt like driving a tuna boat .Boat porpoised like hell even in the calmest waters and trim down. Boat is too big and heavy for single motor.(very sloppy when it came to turning).

Magic34
    It is the largest 30' single motor boat that I know of. Great room in it, especially in the open bow.

Magic34
    I'm also curious if anyone has a 30ft heritage on here and what motor they have so I can hear about how the boat performs. I am thinking about the 525.
    Where do you do most of your boating?

Beer-30
    I would hope you would consider a used one before jumping right into a BRAND NEW one. If you like it, you could always order a new one later with every single thing you want. If you DON'T like it, you can still sell it without taking (much of) a loss.
    There is a very pretty Heritage on here for sale right now (look in the SPAM section) for around $35K less than new and only has 140 hours:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...2&d=1184210578
    Mine has 230 hours and still looks / runs new.
    I have the 496HO and am overall happy. I am not a speed demon, so I don't really care how fast it goes. I have hit 65 on a cold day with less than half tanks and just me and the wife aboard. About 62 is tops with a load of people, ice chests, and fuel. I mainly cruise at 35-45 anyway, so I don't really care about top speed.
    It leaps out well with my spare 22-pitch 4-blade. I usually run the 24-pitch for all around cruise performance.
    The 525 would be great in the boat, don't get me wrong. It all depends what you want from a boat. If you want a light, nimble boat this is not for you. If you like to load something to the gills, go crush rough water, and cruise without spilling your drink - it is the boat for you.
    It's a cruiser, not a fighter.
    Could use larger tanks. Twin 34 gals are sometimes a pain. Would like twin 50s. Both fillers are on one side, though
    Here's mine, running at just shy of 60 mph:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/243386SM.JPG
    Here it is sitting patiently outside of the Naked Turtle: (That's a 25-footer sitting next to it)
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../2433070sm.JPG

JryLineman
    I would definetly go no smaller then a 525. Mine had a lab prop 26 pitch and would hit 68 mph gps even though the speedometer said 73.

speeddmn
    I go to Parker alot and sometimes Havasu so I want something that will run at least 60mph and handle rough water well. I also like all the room in the boat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast