Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just got back from my Dad's retirement party

Kyote
    Tom,
    Thanks for your post. Congratulations to your Dad. I had a great relationship with my father. He was also a a humble and reserved person.
    I miss him.

Ultracrazy
    Tell your dad congrats and thanks from the blue collar crew.
    For what it’s worth….I love my steaks rare

sorry dog
    Cool deal Tom. I like rare steaks too.
    The butcher down the street from the river here will cut'em what you be liken if you call before 2. Pop's is welcome too. October is a great time to visit...Jasper is 45 minutes from the cabin. And Jbb's driveway is about 1.5 hrs.
    BTW- who's the girl in the front? She's about 18...right?

Forkin' Crazy
    Funny though....I always end up hungry after a Tom Brown reading....
    Get you a bran muffin and you'll be just fine!!!

Riverless
    Thank you very much for the well wishes. I'm proud to know all of you.
    http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrow...3306-thumb.jpg
    Hey Tom,
    That was a nice thing you did for your Father. Even though he didn't want anything, I am sure he appreciated it. Nice pic of the family.
    Take Care,
    R

Tom Brown
    Thank you very much to everyone.
    .... even you, Hooli.

OutCole'd
    Hey, a positive thread, what a nice change!
    Very cool thing you did for your Dad Tom. I bet he really appreciated it. Congrats!

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I asked my butcher friend to hook me up with his best steaks. This man is an artist and he didn't disappoint. They were real equestrian murderers too.
    I cooked them the way I do... a dollop of garlic butter and some Montreal spice. All were cooked somewhere between medium rare and medium, of course.
    There were a couple of requests for well done. I smiled, said "sure", and served them the same mediumish steaks as everyone else. As it happens, I recall the exact words from the mouth of one of the well done requesters, "This is the best steak I've ever tasted." I didn't tell her it was cooked properly.
    Throw in some Taber corn (cooked on the cob) and a mess of baked potato with Dairyland sour cream, and it's lucky I'm still awake.
    We had the whole family at the lake. I would imagine they're all as fat and gassy as I am right now.
    Before the event, my Dad put his foot down that there would be no party. .... so we organized one anyway.
    He was pretty choked up after the meal. He couldn't talk for about 10 minutes. The whole thing couldn't have been too traumatic because he happily agreed to some pictures. That's something he doesn't normally do.
    I have to stop eating like this.
    wow Tom .. Congrats to Dad.. Give him a kiss from me.. I bet he was so happy with everything that night.. Congrats to Dad on his retirement and having a great son to help him celebrate his golden years.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    I asked my butcher friend to hook me up with his best steaks. This man is an artist and he didn't disappoint. They were real equestrian murderers too.
    I cooked them the way I do... a dollop of garlic butter and some Montreal spice. All were cooked somewhere between medium rare and medium, of course.
    There were a couple of requests for well done. I smiled, said "sure", and served them the same mediumish steaks as everyone else. As it happens, I recall the exact words from the mouth of one of the well done requesters, "This is the best steak I've ever tasted." I didn't tell her it was cooked properly.
    Throw in some Taber corn (cooked on the cob) and a mess of baked potato with Dairyland sour cream, and it's lucky I'm still awake.
    We had the whole family at the lake. I would imagine they're all as fat and gassy as I am right now.
    Before the event, my Dad put his foot down that there would be no party. .... so we organized one anyway.
    He was pretty choked up after the meal. He couldn't talk for about 10 minutes. The whole thing couldn't have been too traumatic because he happily agreed to some pictures. That's something he doesn't normally do.
    I have to stop eating like this.
    Hey Tom,
    I liked the story, too. Even though I don't like red meat and prefer my Turkey Burgers well done.
    However, I do respect you for your kind words regarding your Dad, We should all be so lucky to have a warm fuzzy feeling for our Dads.
    Congrats to the Dad Brown....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast