Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IS Camp Far West still boatable?

Billdoe
    just wondering if anyone has been to CFW lately i was out there the 1st Sat of Aug and there wasnt 1 v-drive out there that i seen .. the lake looked low but still useable but 1/4 mile cove was a sad site very low 1/2 the cove was gone rest of lake looked alright . where is everyone going for Labor Day this year? i plan on going out there Saturday Tomorrow for a test n tune i Finally got my 69 Aquacraft ready (end of Summer blues here ) and the lakes are in sad shape and just wondering where you N.Cali ppl that uisually go to CFW are gonna be .. looking forward to some replies .. thanks , Bill

charitycase
    We were out at CFW a couple weeks ago & it's LOW.You have to use the main body & it's small.The dock wasn't even in the water.I guess it will be the river for the rest of the season.

LandSpeedRacer
    A bunch of us regulars from CFW are going to be at Putah Creek Resort for one last run, CFW is too low now to run. I'm sure New Years will be a different story . . . . . . Back to wrenchin on the flattie
    Scott

QuickJet
    We are planning about a 6 boat trip for the labor Day weekend at CFW. if there is water...I can run in it....

Bailey
    were going to have five jets going to east park res. in northern cal.

Billdoe
    i knew it was low but sounds like its even lower then when i was there earlier this month . anyway i will be out there Sunday testing the boat out getting it dialed in ... i will post what its like after i get back tomorrow and try n get some pics . thanks for the replies ..
    Bill

rockitman
    yeah! go to berryessa its got lots of water there will be other people:sqeyes:

twowheeledfish
    were going to have five jets going to east park res. in northern cal.
    East Park, eh? I'm gonna be near Stony Gorge that weekend... maybe I'll make a day run to meet some new peeps at East Park.

Billdoe
    just got back from Camp Far West was a Beautiful day out there and theres still enough water there to have fun . its low but not too low .. was kinda nice only a few ppl out there and by dusk had the lake to our self . Boat Ran Awesome for a maiden voyage .. after breaking the motor in we made a few passes , still needs tweaking on the cav plates and the steering is alil poor but we were able to make some upper 80's low 90's mph passes .. the engine is definately under carbed with the 660's around 6800 rpm was like hitting a Wall but all in all the boat floats and runs and is manageable but will definately have to figure out the steering .. was my first V-Drive i actually got to Drive rather then being Bitch and what a feeling .. definately more motor then i was expecting but hey i had a freakin Blast boat rides awesome for a Flatty very Stable .. only problem we had was one of the soft plugs on the side of the carb bowl dripped alil which i swapped another one from a spare carb and after that Not one Issue was incountered cept the Steering sucks in it .. will be back out there for Labor day w/e since there still plenty of water to have fun in

QuickJet
    See yah there Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast