Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Launch ramp etiquette, how close is too close?

KLEPTOW
    Shit good thing it wasn't my wife she does that shit all the time, and will then tell the guy after your done cleaning your shorts I'll show you how to back your shit in.

Be Safe, When did you move to upland?
    in the process......by by windyville......

Fast Freddy
    rubbinz.............racin...........
    Yeehaw.............i be rubbin my ducky up on all the chix then.......

dc96819
    If it wasent a busy day i would of waited unless there takeing
    to long or BSing on the ramp.
    He could of been a newbe

Jbb
    Hard to have any respect for someone who would bang on your truck window and confront your wife instead of you..Im thinking... in the world of JBB ....there would be a confrontation....

thatguy
    Well, a couple weeks ago I backed in at whiskeytown about 2 feet on either side, between a couple of nice boarder boats. They were hangin' on the docks waiting for their trailers. 5 people in each boat and couldn't idle outside?
    No problem, Wife floated the boat, I started it with the lever back and oh so sweetly backed right out between them. They were at the ends of the docks, so I had to steer it in reverse right between them.
    By, they looked nervous! But frankly my Miller would get the worst of it if we touched. They gave dirty looks at first and were ready to push me away. But once they saw it was cool they didn't care. Since they were jamming things up to start with.
    I think the thing that got them worried is when the fresh 454 w/ 660's, bassetts w/no baffles lit off right in the middle of them!!
    2 feet is plenty, if you don't hit.
    BUT, that confronting your wife deal is total BS. What kind of sniveling puss does that? The same one who cries about 2 feet clearance. Then admits he did not want to confront you? Makes you kinda wish you had hit his boat.
    Tommy

Sherpa
    all depends on the situation.... if they were taken their lazy time doing virtualy
    nothing, then drop that trailer right down in there.....
    if they were almost* ready to drive up, then I might have waited.... maybe..
    I'm notorious for slamming the trailer into the water within feet of the next
    guy because by the time we get to the water, I'm already tired of waiting.
    --Sherpa.... people either have their shit ready, or deal with it...

little rowe boat
    I don't think you were too close. I have had peeps come in a foot or less and it was evident they new what they were doing, no prob. Confronting someones wife , now thats another story. If there is a problem they had better talk to me, otherwise there is going to be some major problems.

ColeTR2
    If i can get my trailer in the water I'm doing it. I hate when people tie up the ramp....

Baja Big Dog
    Your "100 pound wife"!!!!!, she still as two legs with feet attached to the ends of them right.
    That means she could have lifted one of her feet at a rapid rate and aimed somewhere in the general area of the NUTS, and viola, conversations complete, I would imagine he wouldn't have much to say after that except "Damit...I should have a confrontation with her old man!!"
    Fricken pussy, he was probably in a Glastron!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast