Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Launch ramp etiquette, how close is too close?

Magic34
    You think you get dirty looks? Back my setup down once on a busy day and see what looks you get.
    The best is when taking the boat off the water. here comes the Freightliner all limo tinted so you can see who is driving. It gets back down perfectly, the air brakes are applies, everyone is looking, and out comes this chick. That draws tons of attention every time.
    Once I saw her back a trailer up, I knew she was the one.

RiverDave
    Went to Windsor tonight about 6ish and pulled between 2 boats. 3 feet from one boat and 2 feet from another. Both boats were on their trailers, the one that I was 2 feet from was getting ready to pull out. Anyway, I got the boat down and jumped in, my wife got in the driver's seat of the truck. The boat that I was 2 feet from pulled out as we finished putting in. I guess I was too close to the fellow pulling out for his comfort. He followed my wife to her parking spot and banged on the window of the truck. He expressed his feelings to her and she apologized.He then asked if that was it, was that all she was gonna do. They spoke a bit and he told her that he would have talked to me but he didn't want a confrontation (guess he was more comfortable confronting my 100 pound wife). Anyway, if this was anyone here, I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I felt it there was plenty of room. What do you guys think? I've seen big weekends where guys get within inches, now that's close.
    Not a call out thread, I am genuinely sorry for making you nervous.
    What else could he expect her to do?
    RD

Jbb
    RD
    Say RD SUX!.....

Kachina26
    RD
    That's what she asked. He said she needed to talk to me about it. She told him that she would and explained to him that nothing got damaged and all was good. Also told him be careful who he confronts in the future as you never know who's packing. No, we aren't.

Magic34
    Having a big boat puts you into the a$$hole category every time. I am probably one of the most respectful boaters out there and if I cant go thread a needle at the launch ramp, then the line behind me is only going to get longer.

I'mTheBeaver
    He was lucky isn't wasn't me backing down. I would've ran right over his boat!
    It doesn't bother me when people back up too close, so long as they know what they are doing. Most of the time, I'm in their lane...just a teensy wheensy over the white line so the error was mine. Sorry!!

River Lynchmob
    2 feet is more than enough and there is no reason that you should have waited. you were good. I would have had serious issues with the guy confronting my girl though. The ramp I lounch at doesnt have 2 feet of clearance on either side so you backing down with 2 to 3 feet on either side would have not bothered me in the least.

TahitiTiger
    That is complete BS, at our local lake, it is encouraged to be 3 wide at the ramp, and we can fit 4 if we squeez it.
    One time I was at the ramp we were 3 boats, and a jet ski trailer. All was cool cept the stupid jet ski kept floating over my trailer, then it ran into the wake boat next to us. Was a total cluster f***, didn't help that the other boat some how got stuck on his trailer sideways.

TahitiTiger
    That is complete BS, at our local lake, it is encouraged to be 3 wide at the ramp, and we can fit 4 if we squeez it.
    One time I was at the ramp we were 3 boats, and a jet ski trailer. All was cool cept the stupid jet ski kept floating over my trailer, then it ran into the wake boat next to us. Was a total cluster f***, didn't help that the other boat some how got stuck on his trailer sideways.

Havasu1986
    If 2 ft is to close...They would have made the painted lanes bigger.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast