Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phone # for Richard or William McCandless SS-55?

mango madness
    I need to get in touch with the McCandless's doe's anyone have a phone # or contact info?
    Thanks, Mike D.

SS-55
    I think I know these guys? Hey Mike, Richard here, give me a call! 775-240-2472

jh4rt
    i'm wondering if William McCandless is the infamous Bill McCandless who used to live in Westlake Village, CA?

Chris Kenner - PS681
    Richard, hope all is well mate. Please send me your e-mail address so I can add you to the SSRA e-mail list. chris@loudnproudracing.com
    Thanks.
    I think I know these guys? Hey Mike, Richard here, give me a call! 775-240-2472

SS-55
    Infamous huh? Sounds like I need to hear some of those stories! Yeah thats my pops. How do you know him?

jh4rt
    In about 1978. He had an 18' spectra. My dad/brother own Hitch Masters in Van Nuys.
    I'd love to catch up. Where are you guys now? Last i heard he was in Bakersfield. Does that mean Terri is your mom?
    I'm going to be at the races in San Diego on Saturday. Are you guys going to be down there?

mango madness
    Thanks Richard for answering so quickly!
    The Internet is an amazing thing.
    I enjoyed talking with you today,I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's battle with skin cancer.
    It's never easy.
    I am glad to hear he's doing better though.
    We hope to see you guy's in San Diego.
    Mike D.

SS-55
    That is pretty cool. You knew them six years before I did! He used to work with your dad at Hitchmasters, from the stories I hear your parents and mine were good friends. I believe the 18 they had was the ex-"My Ding-Aling". Still hear stories about how fun those little Spectras were(are). When they moved to Reno Nv. in 1980 they brought their 24' Spectra v-drive cruiser with them. Unfortunatly sold that boat, and got away from boats for a while. In the mid 90's we got back into it. After a string of good boats(Sanger 18' Super Jet, Campbell 24' v-drive, and 27' Schiada with twin blown Pfaff small blocks/outdrives) we got into the hard stuff. We still have the Sanger plus a Cigarette 36 Gladiator and my all time favorite, the canary(Biesemeyer) Super Stock we race. How are your parents? My pop and mom would love to know. Never lived in Bakersfield, straight from L.A. to Reno. Teri is my moms, best lady I know! We're trying to make San Diego.
    Mike thanks for the kind words, always love talking circle boats! hope to see you in San Diego, it will be a good time for sure.

SS-55
    Kenna, sent you an e-mail.

jh4rt
    That is pretty cool. You knew them six years before I did! He used to work with your dad at Hitchmasters, from the stories I hear your parents and mine were good friends. I believe the 18 they had was the ex-"My Ding-Aling". Still hear stories about how fun those little Spectras were(are). When they moved to Reno Nv. in 1980 they brought their 24' Spectra v-drive cruiser with them. Unfortunatly sold that boat, and got away from boats for a while. In the mid 90's we got back into it. After a string of good boats(Sanger 18' Super Jet, Campbell 24' v-drive, and 27' Schiada with twin blown Pfaff small blocks/outdrives) we got into the hard stuff. We still have the Sanger plus a Cigarette 36 Gladiator and my all time favorite, the canary(Biesemeyer) Super Stock we race. How are your parents? My pop and mom would love to know. Never lived in Bakersfield, straight from L.A. to Reno. Teri is my moms, best lady I know! We're trying to make San Diego.
    I forgot that your dad worked there for a while. ;-) I was really excited when they moved to Westlake. I think your mom baby-sat for me and my brother a couple of times.
    My mom and dad are doing great. They still live in the same house. We were at the races in Long Beach on Sunday and I saw your name in the program when we were leaving. My dad thought it might be Bill, but wasn't too sure; and we were on our way home. We should have stopped by.
    My dad and I built a 24' "Sanger" spectra with twin outboards in the early eighties and my brother has that boat now. I have a '78 20' Schiada with an outboard.
    I'm going to dig up some old pictures to bring to San Diego. We will definitely stop by. My mobile number is 805.469.3444. BTW: If your dad wanted to call mine, his number is 805.494.4067.
    Looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast