FYI (this isn't the Trick Powerboat beaver retriever)
almost lost it saturday afternoon at the sandbar. anchored out at the edge. about 3pm and i was drunk. jumped in to grab an empty can and a chip bag that flew out of the trash. got them and was maybe 15-20ft from the boat and started struggling against the current on the way back. started to panic when i couldn't keep above the wakes and was fighting the current . A lady on another boat sees me and jumps in and grabs me. drug me about 5 feet and i was able to stand. i thanked her countless times over and again. never got her name but thank god she was there cuz i had that "oh shit" sense in my head. Drinking was the factor, period. She saved my life.
got back home tonight and was asleep for a few minutes and i had a flashback and woke up pouring sweat gasping for air.
I didn't beer bong or shotgun, didn't mix hard stuff, didn't 420, It didn't matter. I was impaired and I made a terrible judgement and I almost paid dearly for it. That lady was my guardian angel.
I've been going to the river since 91 and this was the only time i honestly knew i was in serious trouble. only and last. it's 2 am and i still can't sleep.