Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MY TURN - Hey...you in the 21 Lavey craft......

HM
    I had a confrontation with a guy in a Lavey Craft on my local lake this weekend. We were doing 37 MPH (in a 35 MPH zone) and this guy blows by me doing about 45+ MPH about 10 feet from me and completely drenches my boat. I cut across the lake and signaled for the guy to pull over to talk to me...and he did. I yelled at him for the stupid move he did. He appologized and said he didn't realize that he had hosed us down. For some reason...that wasn't good enough for me and I continued to lecture to the guy about being a safe boater and to choose throttleing off instead of throttleing up..especially on a small lake with a 35 MPH limit. He actually sat there listening to me...and his only response was "I am sorry...I am not sure what else you want from me?" He took off...and even waved in a sorry way. The guy was sincere...but I was PISSED.
    So later on...I was thinking about the incident and wondered myself...."What else did I want?" The guy did sincerely appologize. But, to me...it was such a dangerous and stupid manuever that "sorry" just didn't cut it. But...short of going back into time and reversing the incident...what else could he have done? Reflecting about other confrotations I have had with dangerous boaters...this is THE best response I have had from someone. I should have danced the RiverDance Rap on the engine cover of my boat!!!
    Thoughts?

Havasu Hangin'
    Just be happy that you didn't run into him at a gas station...
    :jawdrop:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Did you slap his sunglasses off his face?

HM
    You fockers. I am trying to be serious for a change.
    But, I agree with HH.

Mr. C
    You should of got his email addy and Rick Rolled him.

Havasu Hangin'
    You fockers. I am trying to be serious for a change.
    Can we actually use the words "serious" and "HolyMoly" in the same thread?
    :idea:

jh4rt
    :-)
    Remember the Karma thread. You're all jacked up. Did you kind of want him to swing on you so you'd have an excuse? I've been there. I had a toob-tower at lake San Antonio head right toward me while I was skiing. My brother goosed it to get us clear. I spent the next couple of minutes flipping the guy off; hoping he'd come over to give me some sh*t so I'd have an excuse. But... that wasn't right either.
    You did the right thing telling him that you disapproved of his behavior. But, especially given his sincere apology, you should have left it at that. Education about the potential threat is the right approach.
    --fellow karma sweeper...
    -jim

Shreve "T"
    Did you slap his sunglasses off his face?
    I can picture this... OMG !!!! LMAO

AirtimeLavey
    You should of got his email addy and Rick Rolled him.
    That would have been a little harsh for this scenario...good thing cooler heads prevailed.

victorfb
    well if its the canyon lake here in california, id say you had a right to lecture him. its great he did his best to apologize, but unless he was a visitor and driving a members boat, then he should have know better anyhow. you have to be a primary resident to put a boat on that lake and with that im sure he knows the speed limit (and other rules) of the lake. i think both parties here handled the situation correctly and while im sure your anger and frustration continued afterwards, you did what was needed and didnt get carried away. hopefully the guy realized his mistake and has learned from it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast