Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Need handgun advice

djunkie
    Honestly Mike. Being as you have 2 little ones in the house I'd throw out the idea of having one for home security. Just get yourself a nice Louisville Slugger to keep next to your bed.

Magic34
    Honestly Mike. Being as you have 2 little ones in the house I'd throw out the idea of having one for home security. Just get yourself a nice Louisville Slugger to keep next to your bed.
    I have that already and I am a power hitter. I can hit 350'

Magic34
    http://www.gunvault.com/ Best of both worlds IMO. The chances of someone coming in your house are 1 in a million but a loaded gun for a kid to find is flirting with disaster. Since the kid everything is locked up and accessible by me only
    That is awesome. Is there any way to have it malfunction?

ChumpChange
    Is that just on your Nintendo Wii?

AZJD
    So could Reggie Jackson, but he also struck out 2597 times...:idea:
    Don't miss!

Magic34
    Is that just on your Nintendo Wii?
    No, I am 550+ on that.
    One thing I could always do was hit. I was slow as sh*t, so I had to hit it far. For some reason, I sucked at running and I wasn't fat.

2Driver
    That is awesome. Is there any way to have it malfunction?
    I have had mine for 5 years and I am in and out of it a fair bit. It has been flawless. The only way to have it mess up is if you make too complicated of a combo and mess up the key strokes attempting to open your own safe
    In other words you can have 1,2,3 or 4 fingers in your combination settings or a mix thereof. Making it too hard of a combination is like trying to play a diffficult tune on the piano in the dark .... you will mess it up. Mess opening the safe and it beeps at you and you get a second try. Mess up a 3rd time and it locks you out.
    Keep it fairly simple but impossible to figure out and you are good to go. You can bolt it to the floor by your bed and reach over at night and wham the door flys open and you are already locked and loaded.

Magic34
    The .40 caliber defense rounds are good for lion, bear, assclowns. If an intruder comes in your house just get your family in a secure room and lock it. When the intruder starts to turn the door knob from the other side off load a mag into the door at various heights. Wait for thud sound then open to find stopped intruder.
    This is my exact thoughts. Actually, we have done that, without the gun though. People were banging on my door and someone was in the backyard. I stayed silent so we didn't give our position up in the house. Locked ourselves in the closet and called 911. Flashlights were shining through my windows and all. I have never been so scared.
    In the end, it was the cops anyways. Someone reported see 2 people go in my backyard and the police responded. Now, in the end this was a happy story, but what if they wanted to come in and beat the police there?

Flyinbowtie
    A one size fits all weapon may not work for you and your wife.
    The semi-autos require wrist strength to control them, a weak wrist can cause them to malfunction.
    When I was Rangmaster/Armorer, we had two females and a male that could not control the .40, let alone a .45.
    A large claiber handgun that cannot be handled by the shooter will not put rounds on the target.
    You both need to get to a range and fire several weapons, determine what you are comfortable with, and then make your purchase(s) personally I like the Sig-Sauer, but I'd bring an H/K, and a couple of revolvers.
    The gunvault safe works well for handguns.
    The best home defense weapon is a shotgun, IMHO.

3 daytona`s
    Isn't that barrel just a tad short for being legal?
    an AOW then registered and licensed.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast