Thread: Civil War?

dirty old man
    (slow day) So if a full on civil war breaks out in Iraq, should we use that as justification to pull out? Why not just declare victory, bring our service men home and let them continue blowing themselves up. When they're all gone, we send in Halliburton to put out the fires and take over the oil fields

RiverDave
    If a civil war breaks out we will be there even longer. We will evaluate which side we want to win, and help the other side by training them with military knowledge. Then later on in life when we do end up getting the oil, the side we helped will have been trained by our guys, and will come over and do something horrible and we will label them terrorists, and pretend to have no knowledge of where they learned how to do these things.
    Not to mention I think we are in Iraq Permanently now.. Or atleast will have bases in Iraq permanently.
    RD

HCS
    Which ever side we want will claim the other side has weopons of mass destuction.

Mr. Pixilated
    If a civil war breaks out we will be there even longer. We will evaluate which side we want to win, and help the other side by training them with military knowledge. Then later on in life when we do end up getting the oil, the side we helped will have been trained by our guys, and will come over and do something horrible and we will label them terrorists, and pretend to have no knowledge of where they learned how to do these things.
    Not to mention I think we are in Iraq Permanently now.. Or atleast will have bases in Iraq permanently.
    RD
    Well said!!!

djunkie
    Well said!!!
    Every great once in a while something inteligent comes out of that guys mouth. :rollside:

burtandnancy
    Saw in interview with an ex-general on CNN tonight, his opionion was that our soldiers would protect property only and stay completely away from crouds of people (mostly rioters I guess). I agree w/above, lets get out and let them blow themselves to smithereens...