Thread: Think Vick heard of these guys?

thatguy
    Here is an interesting read. At least he is not alone.
    Tommy
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10347

Lookin for Liquid
    When I first heard of this I was absolutely outraged being a dog owner all my life and after witnessing today's appearance of Mike Vick I am wondering some deeper issues.....We are all products of our enviornment in some way shape or form and it is very easy to say let this guy "rot in hell" for what he has done and I will say right now that I am TOTALLY against what he is/was involved in and hope I never hear of this sort of thing again but we need to look at it deeper than just an observation with an opinion.
    He has been raised to be a total football player which is a very combative sport and in my opinion has been neglected in his upbringing on how to be a "person" so to speak. Unfortunately for him and the dogs which he helped destroy he will pay his price. We all need to stand accountable for our actions as human beings and adults but in my opinion we need to address other people as well such as the people that taught him right and wrong while growing up.
    I honestly think he made a mistake....of getting caught ....and since he really didn't think it was wrong possibly either due to his childhood upbringing or maybe his thoughts of being above the law it will cost him plenty. I only hope while he has time to dwell on this and how much he has lost he comes to grip about what he has actually done and will benefit from it in some way shape or form for his future life.

AZJD
    There is one missing from that list......
    THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS! (Ryan Leaf)

thatguy
    Leaf walked away with about $23 million of the Chargers money, nearly all of his contract money. Considering his complete lack of production, I think he took every cent off the table that was available. The story is not about busts, it's about guys that left huge money on the table.
    Including Marinovich on that list is a joke. The guy tried the NFL. He had a lollipop arm and that's why he never made any money. Also, John Daly's account of his own life is a joke. Big John has made just a touch over $10 million CAREER playing golf and very little in endorsements, comparatively speaking to other top tier golfers, due to his lifestyle choices. Yet, he would like people to believe that he's lost 5 to 6 times more than he's made in his career, supported 4 ex wives, his touring lifestyle and a caddie? You lose that kind of money and can't pay it back, there's a name for you in Vegas, corpse.
    Yeah, But being John Daly IS John Dalys career. I'd watch him on a reality show before I'd watch Flavr-Flav and Bridgett Nielson! Or Vick for that matter. Big John is funny to watch.
    Comedy and Tradgedy all at once, now thats entertainment!!
    Tommy

thatguy
    I love Big John, but him saying he's lost $60 million gambling is like me saying "Hey, I make $50k a year and I'm buying the house next door to Kobe's because I need a bigger garage for all my Ferrari's."
    LMFAO! Thats a good one! His chaotic, insecure delusions are part of his appeal. Basturd can sure tee off a ball though. Happy Gilmore on crack!
    Tommy

thatguy
    I saw him play a little in person a few times. I worked the Mizuno tour van before I did my own thing, back before he was so much of a train wreck. The man has the best touch you've ever seen. It doesn't show on TV how good his touch really is. You have to see the places he hits the ball from around the green to appreciate how good he really is.
    I got to see him once at the Hawaii Open. It was late 80's. Corey Pavins first win.
    I followed him around for a couple holes and saw what you speak of.
    I was a Fuzzy fan at the time so spent most of the day watching him, till I got too drunk and got hauled off by the drunk cart.
    Tommy

rivrrts429
    I love Big John, but him saying he's lost $60 million gambling is like me saying "Hey, I make $50k a year and I'm buying the house next door to Kobe's because I need a bigger garage for all my Ferrari's."
    Howard Stern asked him how he could lose 60 mill and only make 10. He said it was total, including his gambling winnings. I just can't imagine him winning a couple mill gambling though and then turning around and losing it all plus some. On top of everything he only likes to play the slots which are the worst odds ever. I will say he is fun to watch and the guy can golf a hell of a game.