Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Losers who warn others of sobriety checkpoints

riverbound
    Brrrrrr...its going to be a LONG winter this year

Jbb
    I think this website has drifted into ...insanity....

Moneypitt
    There is more loyality amoung the "outlaws" than amoung the "in laws"....Just ask an outlaw to roll on his bros........Then ask a dirty cop about other dirty cops..........I see nothing wrong with a heads up about the checkpoints. It may prevent them from having that "one more" before driving, or not driving at all......Maybe the buddy doesn't have a throw cushion!.....Maybe the boat reg is in the truck. There are many reasons to avoid a checkpoint besides being OUI...........MP

tamalewagon
    Yeah im talking to all of you on here who have either posted or told your buddies of the locations of checkpoints just to avoid getting popped at one. YOU are just as guilty and responsable for any damage or injuries they cause when they crash. Ive read this multiple times on this forum and it makes me sick every time. If you dont drink and drive you shouldnt have to be worried about the locations. For those that follow the law....thank you!
    Although your point is valid, you may want to consider that they may simply be trying to warn them of possible traffic delays too.

Boatcop
    Yeah im talking to all of you on here who have either posted or told your buddies of the locations of checkpoints just to avoid getting popped at one. YOU are just as guilty and responsable for any damage or injuries they cause when they crash. Ive read this multiple times on this forum and it makes me sick every time. If you dont drink and drive you shouldnt have to be worried about the locations. For those that follow the law....thank you!
    I have to disagree with you.
    At least on some points.
    We try and announce when and where we're setting up Check Points. As a matter of fact, we're required to announce them beforehand. This is for the ones where we will stop every boat (or car) that goes by.
    The idea of check points is NOT to arrest everyone we can. It's to try and prevent people from driving drunk in the first place.
    If warning someone about a check point makes them give up the wheel to a sober driver, then we've accomplished what we wanted to do.
    If it makes the drunk go in another direction, then yes. It's wrong.

Bre
    Wow! Who is this guy?

thatguy
    I warn all my fellow DCB'ers about on coming green and blue deck boats
    Huh, I would have thought you warn them of OUTGOING boats. You know, since they are in your way and all.
    Tommy

Jyruiz
    Wow! Who is this guy?
    Who cares, how are you doing woman?

bohica
    With that mentality I question whether you ever had an education. How do you expect people to learn anything? It's by gaining knowledge from others whether it be from reading or listening to others. I feel that getting the information out that there will be sobriety checkpoints and maybe you should think twice about drinking on the lake today is a start. Just maybe it'll stick and they will learn a valuable lesson. Not everything is learned is from the consequence of a bad action. Your assumption that telling others so they can avoid the checkpoint and drink elsewhere is way off base.

78TaylorSS460
    Holy hell! 21 posts in 20 mins. I knew this thread would take off!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast