Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Losers who warn others of sobriety checkpoints

Wow! Who is this guy?
    Hey Bre! How are you?

diesel
    :idea: I have to disagree with you.
    At least on some points.
    We try and announce when and where we're setting up Check Points. As a matter of fact, we're required to announce them beforehand. This is for the ones where we will stop every boat (or car) that goes by.
    The idea of check points is NOT to arrest everyone we can. It's to try and prevent people from driving drunk in the first place.
    If warning someone about a check point makes them give up the wheel to a sober driver, then we've accomplished what we wanted to do.
    If it makes the drunk go in another direction, then yes. It's wrong.
    :idea: Yes, yes, listen to this guy

redneckcharlie
    Yeah im talking to all of you on here who have either posted or told your buddies of the locations of checkpoints just to avoid getting popped at one. YOU are just as guilty and responsable for any damage or injuries they cause when they crash. Ive read this multiple times on this forum and it makes me sick every time. If you dont drink and drive you shouldnt have to be worried about the locations. For those that follow the law....thank you!
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess your one of those people thats always right and so tightly wound that you're most likely a hypocrit most of the time.:devil:

Glamasu
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess your one of those people thats always right and so tightly wound that you're most likely a hypocrit most of the time.:devil:
    I'll bet thats not a limb your on....But a big branch

Kilrtoy
    No, I've never posted anything of that nature. Personally, I don't know a lot of people that get sloppy drunk and drive their boat, if I did I would probably say something about maybe not driving the boat or letting someone else drive.
    So you have not met many ***boatERS I SEE:idea:

78TaylorSS460
    I have to disagree with you.
    At least on some points.
    We try and announce when and where we're setting up Check Points. As a matter of fact, we're required to announce them beforehand. This is for the ones where we will stop every boat (or car) that goes by.
    The idea of check points is NOT to arrest everyone we can. It's to try and prevent people from driving drunk in the first place.
    If warning someone about a check point makes them give up the wheel to a sober driver, then we've accomplished what we wanted to do.
    If it makes the drunk go in another direction, then yes. It's wrong.
    Agreed 100%. Well said

Kilrtoy
    I know all the players in Parker, but I get your drift.
    That is not a hulk hogan commment is it
    I know A LOT of people that drink a few beers and drive, including me. I don't drink a lot, I don't get falling down drunk and I don't drive around like an idiot or do high speed spin out passes in front of Roadrunner. I go from the little sandbar to the Big Bend launch ramp, total driving time maybe 1 minute 30 seconds, pull my boat out and make dinner. I know nobody in Havasu ever drinks a beer and drives their boat.
    I would spin out into roadrunners, it is way to narrow there.
    I'm a big guy and I have a pretty high tolerance to alcohol.
    HELL, when I met you I thought you were holy moly BIG GUY
    Like I said, I know nobody drinks and drives their boat, but I can count on two fingers the number of people that I see sitting at the sandbar all day NOT drinking before they drive their boat. I'm sure most of you can say the same thing, but won't.
    I agree I have never seen a DRUNK HOT BOATER on the river atleast not a forum member....

riverbound
    I know all the players in Parker, but I get your drift.
    I know A LOT of people that drink a few beers and drive, including me. I don't drink a lot, I don't get falling down drunk and I don't drive around like an idiot or do high speed spin out passes in front of Roadrunner. I go from the little sandbar to the Big Bend launch ramp, total driving time maybe 1 minute 30 seconds, pull my boat out and make dinner. I know nobody in Havasu ever drinks a beer and drives their boat. I'm not going to make that claim. We might be down at the little sandbar hanging out for 5-7 hours and I might drink 4-6 Coors Lights and 3-4 waters in that time. I'm a big guy and I have a pretty high tolerance to alcohol. I also turn it off about an hour before we leave and drink another water.
    Believe me, I've had my share of drinking and driving a boat (and car), when I was much younger and it wasn't as policed as it is now. I've never been involved in a boat or car accident, knock on wood. I've been pulled over and asked to blow twice in a boat and once in a car, I've never been charged with DUI, although I've blown pretty close, .06ish +, a couple times. That was after A LOT of booze, so I know where my threshold is and, believe me, it's nowhere close to 5 Coors Lights in 6 hours.
    Like I said, I know nobody drinks and drives their boat, but I can count on two fingers the number of people that I see sitting at the sandbar all day NOT drinking before they drive their boat. I'm sure most of you can say the same thing, but won't.
    Im guessing im one of those fingers (If I am DD that day) and most likley the middle one

so cal D
    Everyone In This Thread Needs To Relax And Have A Beer!! And So What If People Warn Others Of Check Points, Its Not Going To Chang People Drinking At The River. Its Not Check Points That Will Help, Its Common Sense!!

riverbound
    I do have to say I must be one of those "losers" because I always warn people about the cops sitting on the water around roadrunner and foxes. My words run along the lines of..... if you have been drinking I wouldnt get in the boat, becuase there are always cops in those 2 places, and its pretty much the onlt place to go in Parker at night.
    <----loser

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast