Thread: Bank 1=Sound, 2 Cuts out

JC 266
    I have 2 banks 1 is for starting battery 2 is two 2 interstate deep cycles a SRM 24 and 27 via a perko, amp is grounded and powered at Srm 24 run in paralel to SRm 27. On bank 1 cd player plays parked no problem, on bank 2 it cuts off and triggers the relay after 1 minute. I have a 4x80 running 4 mb quart 6.5's and a 2 x80 bridged running a mb marine sub with a line driver, power and ground runs are 17 feet with 4 gauge wire. one 6.5 only the tweeter works. Is the woofer blown / do I have a short or voltage issues ? both batteries are new and have charged overnite on a 1.5 amp tricke charge, thanks in advance

phebus
    I would start by getting a voltmeter or someone with one, and measure voltage.

Mr. Naudio
    I have 2 banks 1 is for starting battery 2 is two 2 interstate deep cycles a SRM 24 and 27 via a perko, amp is grounded and powered at Srm 24 run in paralel to SRm 27. On bank 1 cd player plays parked no problem, on bank 2 it cuts off and triggers the relay after 1 minute. I have a 4x80 running 4 mb quart 6.5's and a 2 x80 bridged running a mb marine sub with a line driver, power and ground runs are 17 feet with 4 gauge wire. one 6.5 only the tweeter works. Is the woofer blown / do I have a short or voltage issues ? both batteries are new and have charged overnite on a 1.5 amp tricke charge, thanks in advance
    "a SRM 24 and 27"If the batteries are not identical in every way they should not be wired together.
    "one 6.5 only the tweeter works"1st guess would be that the woofer is unpluged.I only say this because it is far more common for the tweeters to go first with the MBs.Not always the case though you could have a seperated voice coil.
    "triggers the relay"Dont know why there would be a relay in this system the head unit should turn on two amps with no problem.Never hurts to have it in there though.I am going to assume that while your amps are wired to bank 2 your head unit is wired to bank one.(they should share same power).If the relay is triggering off then it is most likely losing power or ground.