Thread: Opportunity To Help A Great Man

sb540
    My Dad was involved in a bad accident in his Sanger Hydro back on Aug 3rd. The boat had some sort of mechanical failure at well over 100mph and tossed him. He sustained major head trauma. He was flown to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto,CA and spent 10 days in the Neurosciences Critical Care Unit. He was then transfered to Kaiser Fremont's ICU where he remains in a coma. He is the nicest guy I have ever known. He is always willing to do anything for anyone. I remember giving tows to broken down boats that took four hours to pull. He never hesitated to help anyone. Now I need to call on the boating community for your help. Due to the severity and loctions of his head injuries, we have a very long rehabilitation an our horizon. The doctors told us that he will need full time nursing after he gets out. We just cant afford this on our own. So we are organizing a fund raising golf tournament to help my mom cover the costs. If anyone lives in the Bay Area, we would love it if you could play. There are going to be great raffle and auction items, including a week long stay at a beach front condo in Pacific Beach-San Diego, Flat screen TV, Ipods, and many more. In addition, there are hole sponsorships available.
    For more about the tournament: www.wakeuprochegolf.com
    For more about the man: www.wakeuproche.com
    Thank you so much for your time and consideration....Ryan Roche

ratso
    Sorry about your dad Ryan...

Her454
    Ryan, my heart goes out to you and your family. Is this the solo boat accident at Don Pedro?
    Also, is there another fund for direct contributions for those of us that do not Golf and are not in the Bay area?
    Traci

sb540
    Ryan, my heart goes out to you and your family. Is this the solo boat accident at Don Pedro?
    Also, is there another fund for direct contributions for those of us that do not Golf and are not in the Bay area?
    Traci
    Ya that was him. Ans there is a funs set up and some more info about him at www.wakeuproche.com
    thanks Traci

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Ryan,
    We are so sorry to hear about your fathers accident. You are all in our thoughts and Prayers.
    also Ryan is there a pay pal account set up or just the mailing .. we would love to help out..
    Is there anything any of us can do to help mom out .. such as helping with the house to get it set up for Dad when he comes home to make it easier on her and the family..

Tom Brown
    I'm sorry about your father, Ryan.
    Please accept my best wishes for your Dad and your whole family.