Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1979 19' Howard Bubbledeck?

BrendellaJet
    id be concerned with the dings in the bottom of the boat. Looks like is been bounced up on the rocks a time or two.

Hotfish
    My cousin has a 73. Good boat. Runs through chop really well. He runs a mild 454 with 150 shot of juice. Speed was low 80s. Droop,shoe, and ride plate also.

63stevens
    Thanks for the help.

Hey Rick,
    That ol Howard you're looking at is based on the Southwind bottom, everyone and their brother offered that hull for sale back then. The 19 semi vee 75Miller is talking about might be the one later one that we were building that originally came from Schiada, two totally different boats. He's right, it's a great hull, v-drive or jet, but the later owner of the shop built them VERY heavy, which isn't at all a bad thing, but it's not like the blue one you posted.
    Howard Brown was no different that anyone and when the jet boat thing hit back in the day and he sold his fair share of them along with building his drag and circle race stuff.

MADDOG355
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...5/IMGP2699.jpg
    74 Howard 19' bubbledeck.
    They are HEAVY but ride and handle great. I was suprised to get 55-60 (GPS) from mine with a stock 455 Olds. It is a little slow getting up on plane but I have been really happy with mine. It has always felt stable and safe even in some pretty harry turns. The deck is strong enough you can walk on it, dance on it and not have to worry about it. It won't be the fastest thing on the water but for a good looking cruser It can't be beat IMO.
    Mine also has a small set of manual trim tabs.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=5560394
    It is slow as crap in the vid becouse the trim tabs are down to keep it smooth.

63stevens
    Hey Rick,
    That ol Howard you're looking at is based on the Southwind bottom, everyone and their brother offered that hull for sale back then. The 19 semi vee 75Miller is talking about might be the one later one that we were building that originally came from Schiada, two totally different boats. He's right, it's a great hull, v-drive or jet, but the later owner of the shop built them VERY heavy, which isn't at all a bad thing, but it's not like the blue one you posted.
    Howard Brown was no different that anyone and when the jet boat thing hit back in the day and he sold his fair share of them along with building his drag and circle race stuff.
    Thanks for the info. Im not looking at this boat, my Son's FRiend is. He is a lurker on here and asked if I would post this for him. I and him really appreciate the help. Take Care

Thanks for the info. Im not looking at this boat, my Son's FRiend is. He is a lurker on here and asked if I would post this for him. I and him really appreciate the help. Take Care
    I mis-read your first post, I was wondering why you'd be looking at a jet.
    Either way, he's lucky you're helping him out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12