Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP..what to clean boat with......

mouzer
    My Elim. v-drive cruiser has origanal gel in xlnt cond. and new interior, but there is a black looking mold on the white of the boat in spots and its on the white, top of all my seats (black dots in groups)also a little yellow,in spots,what can i use to clean this off,or should i have it detailed. thanks ...mouz. oh ya the boat was coverd for last 2 years outside and came out of lake elsinore ....

YeLLowBoaT
    bleach in about a 10 to 1 mix with water. kills it fast. Or you could use one of the many porduct on the market for boats that have "meldew" in the title.

Rattle Can Lou
    Mouzzz, This sounds like fly crap to me. It's like the eggs or something that flys lay. I know you are going to think I'm crazy. They for some reason like white. The best vinyl cleaner I have ever used is Malco leather and vinyl cleaner. Spray it on and use a soft bristle brush. It will clean like you have never seen. I had an upholstery guy turn me onto it several years ago and it is amazing. Onto the glass. Use any rubbing type compound and all will come off. Then wax on and wax off. Problem solved. It will take some elbow grease to get the yellow crap off.
    RCL laying out the cleaning tips.....feel like Heloise.

78Eliminator
    Be sure to wear clothes you dont care about when you do this.....

centerhill condor
    I use foaming tub and tile cleaner... be careful.. some products stain badly in the presence of sunlight!

78Eliminator
    I used that tile cleaner with a mixture of bleach and created some kind of gas that we probably use in the military. Made me really sick. Be careful.

YeLLowBoaT
    lol
    NEVER!!!! mix ammonia and bleach... That shit can kill you fast.

MKEELINE
    Make sure not to wax it up too much or you'll have trouble getting the "FOR SALE" sign to stick !

rrrr
    Make sure not to wax it up too much or you'll have trouble getting the "FOR SALE" sign to stick !
    :rollside:
    Must be the first one he's kept long enough to wash or he would know this stuff......

MKEELINE
    :rollside:
    Must be the first one he's kept long enough to wash or he would know this stuff......
    I'm sure the who ever buys it, for less money, will really appreciate the effort.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast